Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

hope to finish

Enviado por elaine95 
hope to finish
11-October-2018 03:11
GREEN BAY Rams Game Jerseys , Wis. (AP) The Green Bay Packers may have shown a greater willingness this offseason to sign veteran free agents under first-year general manager Brian Gutekunst, but the team is standing pat for now after injuries to key contributors on defense.

One day after inside linebacker Jake Ryan (knee) and safety Kentrell Brice (ankle) each had to be carted off the practice field, Gutekunst said Tuesday he’s not going to seek outside help at either position.

With Ryan out, rookie third-round draft pick Oren Burks took snaps with the No. 1 defense at inside linebacker. And with Brice sidelined, Josh Jones, a second-round pick a year ago, got most of the reps at safety alongside Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. Jermaine Whitehead also worked with the first unit at safety in Brice’s place.

”You know, you never like to see any of that, especially with those guys who have worked as hard as they have. But it’s football, it’s part of it and it’s our job to be prepared and keep moving forward,” Gutekunst said.

”I think the best practice is patience. We have some young players that show some promise out there, and we’d kind of like them to continue to grow into those kind of roles and see what we have,” he added.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said he could not give timelines on either player’s recovery and that Ryan was still undergoing further tests on his right knee. Ryan got hurt while making a tackle during a team period near the end of Monday’s in-pads practice.

Brice Vincent Rey Jersey , who took virtually every team snap with the No. 1 defense before his injury, injured his ankle when he was blindsided during a punt coverage drill. He was able to attend practice and was walking gingerly on the sideline.

Bruce missed much of last season with another ankle injury.

The starting safety spot opposite Clinton-Dix came open this offseason when longtime starter Morgan Burnett left as a free agent and joined the Pittsburgh Steelers. Jones, who played more than 700 defensive snaps last year as a rookie, now must put that experience to use.

”Next man up. That’s the mentality,” Jones said. ”You hate to see one of your teammates go down, but the next guy should be prepared. That’s why you prepare. When it’s your time to be called upon, you’re ready.”

The Packers drafted the 6-foot-3, 233-pound Burks with the hope that his athleticism and speed – he spent the early part of his college career at Vanderbilt playing safety – would be an asset in coverage on passing downs in the team’s dime package. He was already working with the starters in that sub group, but on Tuesday, he was with the 1s in the base defense as well.

”You just never know when your opportunity is going to come,” Burks said. ”I’m doing my best to get better every day. I know I’m going to make mistakes – I’m a rookie. But I just learn from those mistakes, try not to make them twice and try to grow.”

NOTES: Pro Bowl DL Mike Daniels (quadriceps) missed practice but his injury is not considered serious. Also sitting out Tuesday were FB Joe Kerridge (shoulder), RB Aaron Jones (hamstring) Authentic Carl Gunnarsson Jersey , LB C.J. Johnson (hamstring) and OL Alex Light (ankle). . Gutekunst said he had no updates on contract talks with quarterback Aaron Rodgers, but continued to express confidence that an extension would get done. ”I wouldn’t put any timelines on it,” Gutekunst said. ”As long as everybody is working toward the same goal, I think we feel positive about it.”

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix returned to Lambeau Field for Green Bay Packers minicamp after the safety cited personal issues for missing some voluntary offseason workouts.

Clinton-Dix said that the death of his godmother following a heart attack hit him hard. She was a school principal who played a formative role in Clinton-Dix's upbringing.

"I learned everything. I learned the principles of being a young man, not taking anything for granted," he said.

Having the opportunity to spend time with family meant a lot to him.

"But, you know, my family means everything to me," Clinton-Dix said after practice Tuesday. "If I have the opportunity to be home with them, I would love to be home with them."

The safety's absence during some voluntary workouts in May and early June was notable given that the Packers have a new defensive coordinator, Mike Pettine. A Pro Bowler in 2016, Clinton-Dix is part of the core of a defense hoping to improve following a lackluster 2017 season.

He's also entering the option year of the rookie contract signed after being drafted in the first round in 2014 out of Alabama.

Asked why he missed some of the workouts, Clinton-Dix first said "family issues Youth Denver Broncos Jerseys ," then winked .

Asked if his absence wasn't contract related, the fifth-year pro replied "personal issues."

Later, Clinton-Dix said he had no deadline to get a new deal done. He doesn't sound like someone who plans to hold out, either.

"What would it do, though?" Clinton-Dix said. "You're just wasting your time, really. You're getting fined and fined and fined. I'm a guy that, I need my money, man. That's why I'm here now. I need my money."

Clinton-Dix was in Green Bay for three weeks at the start of the offseason program in April. He had his team-issued tablet computer the entire time while he was away to watch practices.

If there were any questions, Clinton-Dix would contact position coach Joe Whitt. A member of the coaching staff would get back to him with an answer, or send another video clip to help.

"Well, you guys can take attendance. It's a mandatory minicamp, so things step up. But I feel really good, Ha Ha all the way through Adidas Tyler Seguin Jersey ," coach Mike McCarthy said. "We've had change, we've transitioned through that."

McCarthy followed recent tradition and excused 16 veterans with six or more years of experience from this week's minicamp, including quarterback Aaron Rodgers. So practices this week can especially help rookies or younger players lower on the depth chart make impressions on the coaching staff.

Still, any time on the practice field with a player with Pro Bowl potential such as Clinton-Dix can help as the Packers hope to finish the offseason program strong before going on summer break.

"Scheme or not, all you've got to do is (say) 'You've got this, you've got this' and he's going to go out there and play," second-year cornerback Kevin King said. "Playbook-wise, I'm not worried about that. Ha Ha is going to be Ha Ha."

Always confident, Clinton-Dix used word play when asked if minicamp was a time when he could play catch-up. Pettine's scheme appears to play to Clinton-Dix's strength and allow him to spend more time closer to the line of scrimmage, rather than 20 yards out.

"I love ketchup. Love it on my hot dogs, love it on my hamburgers and I love it on my fries," Clinton-Dix said. "Catch-up won't be a problem."

Authentic Green Bay Packers Jerseys
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar