Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

“We’d love to be

Enviado por elaine95 
“We’d love to be
11-October-2018 03:22
Ezekiel Elliott didn’t play in the preseason Captain Munnerlyn Jersey , and Dak Prescott played only 39 snaps and threw only 18 passes.

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said both are ready for the regular season.

But it begs the question: With more teams resting more starters than ever this preseason, does the league need to address the length of its exhibition season? Is four preseason games too many?

Jones’ father, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, revived the idea of the NFL going to an 18-game schedule by eliminating two preseason games.

Stephen Jones isn’t so sure he wants to see the preseason reduced from four games, arguing young players need the reps.

“Here’s my problem: At the end of the day http://www.cowboysauthorizedshops.com/authentic-connor-williams-jersey , it’s so important for these young players to play the game and play on a big stage and play in stadiums,” said Stephen Jones, a member of the league’s competition committee. “I know sometimes the fans may not love it as much, and that’s Jerry’s point. Would they rather see a regular game? But that’s part of the fun of the game is watching these young guys come up and play. It’s not for everybody. I understand that. But there’s a group of fans out there who really enjoy watching these young players develop.

“We’re certainly going to dynamic pricing in the preseason. They certainly are being priced less than our regular-season games. I’m sure we’ll continue to see that more and more. I just think we need these games to develop these football players.”

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said recently that he’d like to remain with the team into his 40s and his play has offered no suggestions that performance will get in the way of making that happen.

Injuries could create an obstacle and last year’s experience with a broken collarbone is a reminder of how plans can be forced to change in a hurry. Rodgers was injured after extending a play by scrambling out of the pocket and then taking a hit from Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr after throwing the ball, but the prospect of an injury isn’t enough to keep Rodgers from trying to make that play again in the future.

That was what Rodgers said on Tuesday and his coaches were on the same page. Quarterbacks coach Frank Cignetti called Rodgers the best in the league at “extending plays outside the pocket” and offensive coordinator Joe Philbin also praised Rodgers’ improvisational ability.

“We’d love to be able to have our quarterbacks sit on their back foot Youth Breeland Speaks Jersey , go through their progressions, deliver the ball from the pocket on time, in rhythm, never get hit,” Philbin said Kyle Williams Jersey , via ESPN.com. “We know that’s not a realistic thing that can happen in the game. And we certainly don’t want to take away, as Mike always talks about, there’s two phases to every pass play: There’s a progression — the pocket phase — and then there’s the out-of-pocket phase. We’ve been beneficiaries of a lot of big plays from Aaron outside the pocket. We don’t want to lose that part of the offense.”

The rewards of having Rodgers in the lineup are great enough that the Packers would be wise to eliminate unnecessary risks. Given the realities that Philbin laid out about offensive football, however, you can’t go totally risk-free unless you’re comfortable removing the rewards as well.

Authentic New York Jets Jerseys
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar