Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

Every opportunity

Enviado por elaine95 
Every opportunity
02-November-2018 06:48
Injuries and rehabilitations have forced the Anaheim Ducks to insert several rookies into their lineup during the first week of the season Tuukka Rask Jersey , but they’re off to one of their best starts in franchise history heading into their fourth game Wednesday night against the visiting Arizona Coyotes at Honda Center.The Ducks (3-0-0) have already defeated the Coyotes this season, getting outshot 41-20 in Phoenix on Saturday night but holding on for a 1-0 victory behind exceptional play from goaltender John Gibson, who has saved 91 of 95 shots this season (.958).“He’s been our MVP for the three games,” Ducks coach Randy Carlyle said after Gibson made 19 saves in a 3-2 shootout win over the visiting Detroit Red Wings on Monday night. “You don’t have a starting point in the NHL if you don’t have goaltending.”Article continues below ...The Coyotes (0-2-0) are still looking for their first goal of the season after losing 3-0 at the Dallas Stars in their season opener on Thursday and then getting blanked by Anaheim.Arizona coach Rick Tocchet told reporters after practice Tuesday that his team needs to quit taking shortcuts during practice. He cited an example of players not following up their shots and pursuing rebounds.“As a player, when you do drills, finish the drill,” he said. “If you do the right things, good things will happen. I’m a big believer, if you’re taking shortcuts, then it’s hard to get out of a slump.”Arizona was the second lowest scoring team in the NHL last season at 2.51 goals per game. The Coyotes traded center Max Domi to the Montreal Canadiens in June for center Alex Galchenyuk, the No. 3 overall draft pick in 2012.Galchenyuk sustained a lower-body injury late last month and isn’t expected to be in uniform against Anaheim. Domi, a top-three point producer for Arizona the past three seasons, already has three assists in his first two games with Montreal. Coyotes forwards Derek Stepan and Richard Panik found room to shoot against the Ducks last weekend. Stepan had nine shots on goal and Panik had seven, but neither could get one past Gibson.“We can get a better will to get to the net,” Tocchet said. “We’re getting pushed to the side a little bit. I think we’re passing up some shots, even though we’re getting some shots.”Max Comtois is one of the five rookie forwards that the Ducks started against the Red Wings on Monday. He had an assist to give him a point in each of his first three NHL games.The only other rookie in franchise history to accomplish that feat was Corey Perry in 2005-06.“This is baptism by fire for young players,” Carlyle said. “We have our ample share of them in the lineup, but these are situations, hopefully Zdeno Chara Jersey , where they can grow and get more confidence.“Hats off to them. We put them in situations, historically, they would play in lower levels. This is the best league in the world. They were in there and survived, so hopefully they feel good about themselves.”Jakob Silfverberg is also off to a hot start for the Ducks. He has five points (one goal, four assists), becoming the first Anaheim player with five points in the first three games since Perry, Ryan Getzlaf and Ryan Kesler in 2014. VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) After enduring a long losing streak, goaltender Henrik Lundqvist didn’t much care how the New York Rangers won a hockey game.Lundqvist made a season-high 50 saves but the Rangers still needed John Gilmour’s overtime goal to defeat the Vancouver Canucks 6-5 Wednesday night.”It just feels good to win a game, to sit here and smile for once,” Lundqvist said. ”I am just tired of losing so I don’t care how we win it, just as long as we win it.”The win snapped a seven-game New York losing streak (0-6-1). It also came after the struggling Rangers had jettisoned several of their high-profile players at Monday’s NHL trade deadline.”It doesn’t matter what you go through,” said Lundqvist. ”All the trades . . . was depressing, I got to be honest.”But we have to move past it now and it’s about winning. Winning makes everybody smile and hopefully it can continue.”Gilmour, a rookie defenseman, won the game just 1:22 into overtime when he one-timed a pass from Ryan Spooner. It was Spooner’s third assist of the game.Neither the Canucks (24-32-8) or the Rangers (28-30-6) are likely to make the playoffs but the teams put on a pretty exciting performance.The Rangers took advantage of a couple of deflected shots to roar out to a 3-0 first period lead. They scored goals 43 second apart with just 2:05 gone in the game. But the Canucks refused to roll over. They outshot New York 55-27 and battled back to tie the score three times.”We could have mailed it in, packed it in, and called it a night,” said Vancouver’s Bo Horvat Authentic Benoit Pouliot Jersey , who had a goal and two assists. ”That’s not the way of our group. We knew we had to pull up our socks and get going again. I thought we did a great job.”Kevin Hayes scored twice for the Rangers. Vladislav Namestnikov, obtained in a multi-player trade from Tampa Bay on Monday, had a goal and an assist. Jimmy Vesey and Mika Zibanejad had the other Ranger goals.Namestnikov had arrived in Vancouver Tuesday night and barely had time to meet his new teammates.”The first period was tough,” he said. ”I didn’t have any legs after a long flight but as the game went on you kind of settle in.”Namestnikov scored his 21st goal of the season on a second-period breakaway after stripping the puck from Canuck captain Henrik Sedin.”Hockey is a fun game, so you have to enjoy it and you have to come to the rink and have fun,” he said. ”Tonight, we did that.”Daniel Sedin had a goal and assist for Vancouver. Nikolay Goldobin also scored for the Canucks, who are (3-8-2) in their last 13 games.Brendan Leipsic, obtained Monday in a trade from Las Vegas, had two assists playing on a line with Horvat and Brock Boeser.”I hadn’t played in a week and half so the first couple of shifts I was just trying to shake a little rust off,” said Leipsic.It was his pass that set up Boeser’s trying goal in the dying seconds of third period.”It allows you some confidence,” he said. ”I haven’t been used in many situations like that this year.”Opportunities like this don’t come around too often. Every opportunity I’m going to get this year I’m going to try and take full advantage of.”Vancouver goaltender Jacob Markstrom was replaced early in the first period after allowing three goals on five shots. His replacement, Anders Nilsson, stopped 19 of 22 shots.NOTES: Forward Jussi Jokinen, who came to Vancouver from Columbus as part of the Motte deal, was a healthy scratch. … The Canucks signed defenseman Alex Biega to a two-year contract extension worth an average annual value of $825,000. … The NHL announced Wednesday that Vancouver will host the 2019 draft. … Vancouver outshot New York 34-17 over two periods. … Daniel Sedin has scored 20 or more goals 11 times in his career.UP NEXT:Rangers: At Calgary on Friday night.Canucks: Hosts Predators on Friday night
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar