Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

players, the Tigers lost Rangi Chase

Enviado por wanglei 
players, the Tigers lost Rangi Chase
10-January-2018 04:08
NEWARK, N.J. -- Standing on the podium after what might have been his final game of his record-setting, 20-year career with the New Jersey Devils, Martin Brodeurs eyes welled with tears when he was asked to explain his emotions. Just 15 minutes earlier, after a season-ending 3-2 win over Boston on Sunday, the soon-to be 42-year goalie stood at centre ice and gave a stick salute to the crowd as his teammates stood in front of the bench and tapped their sticks to honour him. As he was interviewed the sellout crowd chanted: "Thank You Marty! Thank You Marty!" "It was a little emotional," said Brodeur, the NHLs career leader in wins (688) and shutouts (124). "I have spent my life here. All the fans out there know me. They think they know me by my name, and I feel they know me. "They have been calling my name for 20 years. Every time they stop me and talk to me, they are great. Its a relationship that an athlete has with people. It was definitely fun, but it was emotional." Brodeur is in the final year of his contract and is likely to test the free-agent market now that he has become the backup to Cory Schneider. He clearly indicated he wants more playing time after going 19-14-6 in 39 games. It is clear that the 28-year-old Schneider is the Devils goalie of the future. "Its not out of the question that the Devils will be in the running for me to come back," Brodeur said. "I havent talked to Lou (Lamoriello) about what he wants to do with backing up "Schneids," Brodeur said. "Again, if I am mentally ready to do that job, I am going to look for the Devils a little bit. "Right now Im keeping everything open. Well see what he feels is the best for the organization. Its not about me anymore. Im free. Hes not stuck with me anymore." Brodeur made 16 saves against the Bruins, who rested many of their stars in preparation for the playoffs. Loui Eriksson and Brad Marchand scored for Boston. Travis Zajac, who put the Devils ahead 2-1 early in the third period, said the Devils goal was to send Brodeur out a winner. "It just seemed like the right ending for everything he has done for this organization," Zajac said after the Devils missed the playoffs for the second straight season after making the finals in 2012. "Whatever happens, it just seemed right to get him that win." Defenceman Marek Zidlicky scored twice for New Jersey and Jaromir Jagr earned two assists, giving him 1,050 and moving him past Gordie Howe for eighth on the NHL career list. "He did something that no one is ever going to do again," Jagr said of Brodeur. "I would say its comparable to Wayne Gretzkys numbers." Boston rested eight starters, including Zdeno Chara and No. 1 goalie Tuukka Rask. "We had a real tough opponent, and for the most part I thought we handled it OK," Bruins coach Claude Julien said. "For us it was just about playing a solid game." While Brodeur didnt have a lot of work against the Boston lineup that included four players called up from the clubs Providence AHL affiliate, this was a love fest for the player who led the Devils to three Stanley Cup titles and five appearances in the championship round. He was cheered from the opening introductions, and every save brought chants of "Marty! Marty!" Toward the end, the crowd just chanted his name. Zajac broke a 1-all tie at 3:52 of the final period. He got inside position on Matt Bartkowski in front of goalie Chad Johnson and redirected a pass from Jagr into the net. Zidlicky stretched the lead to two with a power-play goal that Jagr also helped set up. Boston managed to take some of the enjoyment out of the closing seconds when Marchand scored a power-play goal to make it a one-goal game. "If this is his last game, it is (cool) to have scored," Marchand said. "I should have (grabbed) the puck." The Devils outshot the undermanned Bruins 24-9 in the first two periods, but the score was tied 1-1. Zidlicky gave New Jersey the lead 7:12 into the game. The defenceman joined a rush late and took a pass from Zajac entering the Bruins zone. He skated down the right side, went around the net and beat Johnson with a wraparound inside the post for his 11th goal. Boston only had five shots in the period but the last one tied it on a power play. Marchand sent a pass from the right circle to Carl Soderberg in the opposite circle. He quickly found Eriksson with a pass at the right corner of the net for a slam dunk. The Devils announced during the game that coach Pete DeBoer will return next season. NOTES: Marchand played in his 300th game with the Bruins. ... The Bruins, the Presidents Trophy winner for the best regular-season record also rested Jarome Iginla, Patrice Bergeron, Milan Lucic, David Krejci, Daniel Paille and Chris Kelly. They recalled forwards Craig Cunningham, Justin Florek, Alexander Khokhlachev, and Matt Lindblad from Providence. Martin Brodeur Jersey . In the last race before the Sochi Olympics, Bjoergen followed up her win in the 10-kilometre classical race on Saturday by beating World Cup sprint leader Denise Herrmann of Germany by 0.43 seconds for her fifth victory of the season. Drew Stafford Jersey . Patty Mills had 20 points, Tim Duncan had 11 points and 13 rebounds in limited action, and San Antonio rolled to a 110-82 victory over Milwaukee that kept the Bucks winless in the new year. http://www.nhldevilshockeystore.com/blake-coleman-jersey/ . Browns advice worked. Irving scored 20 points, including seven in the fourth quarter, and Cleveland defeated the Los Angeles Clippers 88-82 Saturday night. Irving made his first shot of the night on a layup a little over three minutes into the game. Michael McLeod Jersey .C. United on Wednesday night. Forward Bright Dike scored the games only goal in the 85th minute on a foggy night in Bradenton, Fla. Travis Zajac Jersey . It was my fifth straight year attending and, as always, there are many interesting matters discussed as it pertains to the use of statistics in sports.Wakefield coach Chris Chester blamed injuries for his sides late collapse that condemned them to a 46-20 home defeat to Castleford in their final match of the regular Super League season. Former Castleford centre Joe Arundel scored two tries against his old club to help the Wildcats into a 20-16 lead after 50 minutes, but the visitors went in front for the first time seven minutes later, sparking a major collapse by Chesters men, who conceded 30 points without reply in the last 23 minutes.We ran out of troops, Chester said. We had one guy fit on the bench for the last 35 minutes and that really hurt us. We had a front-rower (David Fifita) who played 65 minutes in the middle which was a great achievement.It was a good even contest for 50 minutes then we get a penalty, miss touch and we give a penalty away and concede. It took it away from us. Castleford scored eight tries to defeat their West Yorkshire rivals Wakefield and move above them in the table. Im not overly disappointed because there was bags of effort out there, we just ran out of troops, and Castleford were too good for us.A fourth defeat in their last five league matches means Wakefield finish eighth going into the Super 8s and would have ended up in the Qualifiers if not for Salfords six-point deduction for a salary cap breach.They can now turn their attention to next Saturdays Challenge Cup semi-final against Warrington, when they will aim to reach their first Wembley final for 37 years. The Wildcats may be without centre Bill Tupou, second rower Jonny Molloy and loose forward Mickey Sio after they picked up injuries against Castleford.Captain Danny Kirmond will be back to lead the team out at Leigh Sports Village, while hooker Scott Moore has completed a one-match ban and Chester is hoping prop Scott Anderson and winger Ben Jones-Bishop will rrecover from injuries in time.ddddddddddddBill came off with a hamstring injury, Jonny Molloy has got a pectoral issue and Mickey Sio got a sternum injury so those three couldnt come back, Chester said. Weve lost three guys today but we could get three back next week. Castlefords Greg Minikin takes a knock on from Wakefield and sprints past a handful of opponents to race in for a brilliant try. Castleford coach Daryl Powell was thrilled with his patched-up sides efforts as they secured a sixth-place finish.Already without a host of senior players, the Tigers lost Rangi Chase with a back problem while winger Denny Solomona, Super Leagues leading try scorer, pulled out on the morning of the match with food poisoning.Its been an incredible effort for us over 23 rounds, Powell said.Fourteen players couldnt play today so its been really tough. We lost Denny Solomona this morning and Rangi Chase yesterday, its been a constant for us.So for us to end up finishing sixth is an awesome achievement. Im really proud of the players.I thought we were a bit helter-skelter at times today but it was really pleasing how we grabbed the game in the second half.I think well reap the rewards in the long run given whats happened to us this year.Powell was encouraged by the debut of forward Andre Savelio, who has joined the club on loan from St Helens for the rest of the season.I thought he did really well, Chester said. Hes trained with us a couple of times and I thought he handled himself really well. Hes a good player - Ive always rated him - and I thought he fitted into our team really well. Also See: Castleford finish with a flourish WATCH: Minikin solo try Rugby League on Sky Follow us @SkySportsRL Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar