Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

season, although he had only

Enviado por wanglei 
season, although he had only
16-January-2018 03:45
BALTIMORE -- After Jarrod Parker and Chris Tillman waged a magnificent pitching duel for eight innings, it became apparent that a tense matchup between the Oakland Athletics and Baltimore Orioles was going to be decided by each teams bullpen. Coco Crisp had a say in the matter, too. Crisp hit a tiebreaking homer off Darren ODay leading off the ninth, providing Oakland with a 2-1 victory Saturday and handing Parker his eighth straight win. Parker (10-6) gave up one run, five hits and three walks to improve to 8-0 in 16 starts since May 22. The right-hander threw 117 pitches and worked out of jams in the sixth and eighth innings. When he walked off the mound for the last time, Parker knew he was done. Instead of retreating to the clubhouse, he watched as Crisp lined a breaking ball from ODay (5-3) over the right field wall. "Its gratifying that the guys are just able to pick you up," Parker said. "Its one of those things where it almost seems like its meant to be when it happens." Maybe it was. Crisp thought hed received ball four earlier in the at-bat. He ended up trotting around the bases rather than jogging to first base. "Tried to bunt, tried to walk, and I was still in the at-bat and I was able to get a pitch," said Crisp, who has homered in each of his last three games. Asked if hed like to have that pitch back, ODay said, "Id like to have all of them back to him. I got behind in the count and he was looking for his pitch. Ive got to be ahead in the count, so yeah, he got what he wanted and he did what he wanted with it." Oakland manager Bob Melvin had no intention of sending Parker back out in the ninth. So he called upon closer Grant Balfour, who got three straight outs for his 32nd save. "Theres no doubt hes done," Melvin said of Parker. "Good thing there are pitch counts. Both of those guys, that game might have gone on for a while. Both those guys were dominant today. It usually takes one swing of the bat, defensive play, whatever, and it was Cocos late. It was good to reward Jarrod because, boy, he pitched about as good as you can pitch." So did Tillman, who allowed one run, three hits and two walks but remained winless since Aug. 2. His nine strikeouts tied a career high, set earlier this month in San Francisco. "Tilly bent but didnt break a couple times," manager Buck Showalter said. "Its frustrating. We end up on the losing side, but watching two guys at the top of their craft matching each other, you knew there was going to be a fine margin of error." Kurt Suzuki doubled and scored a run in his first game back with Oakland after being traded from Washington on Friday. The victory broke a three-game skid for the As, who improved to 16-17 since the All-Star break and solidified their hold on the second and final AL wild-card slot. Ryan Flaherty homered for the Orioles, who have lost seven of 11. "In the playoff race, its important. Every game is important," Tillman said. "A loss always stinks. Theyre never fun." Parker retired the first seven batters he faced before Flaherty hit his first home run since Aug. 2. Six of his eight homers have been solo shots. Oakland didnt get its first hit until Jed Lowrie singled with one out in the fourth. Tillman didnt allow another baserunner until Suzuki doubled to left with one out in the sixth. He advanced on a groundout and scored on double by Lowrie. Manny Machado began the Baltimore sixth with his major league-leading 44th double. With two outs and runners at the corners, Nick Markakis hit an opposite-field fly to left that was caught on the warning track. The Orioles got runners at first and third with two outs in the eighth before Matt Wieters grounded out to shortstop. NOTES: Twelve of Crisps 13 home runs have been solo shots, and nine have put the As ahead. ... Athletics RHP Bartolo Colon (strained left groin) will throw a bullpen session Monday when the team goes to Detroit. Colon was placed on the 15-day disabled list Aug. 17 when he hurt himself throwing on flat ground. ... Scott Feldman (3-3) makes his ninth start for Baltimore in the series finale Sunday. Sonny Gray will pitch for the As. He has allowed four hits or fewer in each of his first three career starts. Barry Bonds Jersey . His stated reason for abruptly resigning as head coach of Canadas Olympic womens hockey team was he felt there were doubts about his ability to coach the team to Olympic gold in February. Gregory Polanco Jersey . Now, he might be their hottest pitcher. Lobstein earned up his first major league victory Sunday night, allowing one run in 5 2-3 innings in the Tigers 6-1 win over the San Francisco Giants. http://www.pittsburghpiratesprostore.us/Dave-Parker-pirates-jersey/ . Patrik Bartosak turned away 50-of-52 shots for the Rebels (28-26-4), who halted their losing streak at seven games. Trailing 2-1 after 40 minutes of play, Feser forced overtime with his second goal of the game at 5:35 of the third period. Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys . The 19-year-old Swiss centre back will initially have to impress in Uniteds reserve side to earn a spot in the first team. Veseli says "Manchester United has a long history of younger players coming through and hopefully I can follow and do the same. Francisco Cervelli Jersey . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night.WINNIPEG -- Two is better than one for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers this season when it comes to kickers, at least when theyre both Canadians. Coach Mike OShea says they opted to stick with veteran Mike Renaud for punting and go with Canadian newcomer Lirim Hajrullahu for field goals and kickoffs. He says American Brett Maher was pretty much in a tie with the Canadians, and as an import he needed to win all three battles. "I said all along in that battle he had to win the job outright in all three phases and I think he drew even in all three phases," he said Monday after Maher was released. "I think it was a pretty even draw. . . And the way our roster shapes up, that wasnt necessarily good enough." But he says Maher is a quality kicker who should find a home if anyone watched what he did with the Bombers. Renaud is entering his sixth season with Winnipeg. Rookie Hajrullahu is a native of St. Catharines, Ont., whose 402 points and 72 field goals are records at Western, where he played for the Mustangs through 2013. Winnipegs roster issues when it comes to the import-Canadian balance werent helped any Monday with the news linebacker Graig Newman could miss the entire regular season, after suffering a serious ankle injury in their final pre-season game in Calgary. OShea held out some hope he might return earlier. "Graigs a guy we went after hard in the off-season and Im not saying hes done for the season," he said. "I know thats whats been said in the report but Im optimistic and sos he and well see him soon. Hes already in his mind figuring out his rehab and how hard hes going to work. . . Ask me again in a couple of months, three months possibly." Newman was scheduled for surgery Monday after dislocating and fracturing his ankle in their 23-20 loss to the Calgary Stampeders Saturday night, the Bombers second pre-season loss after bowing 24-22 to the Toronto Argonauts last Monday. "Graig is not only a great football player, but a great person, and our entire organization supports him throughout this process," general manager Kyle Walters said in a release. "We look forward to him beginning rehab and returning to the field as soon as possible.dddddddddddd" The six-foot-one, 195-pound native of Langley, B.C., had 18 tackles and one sack last season with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. He also had one punt return for seven yards. "This is obviously very disappointing as I was really looking forward to being a part of all the new things going on in the Blue Bomber organization," Newman said in a statement issued by the team. "This is a great province to play football in, and I look forward to getting back out there as soon as possible." The Bombers also cut veteran Canadian offensive lineman Chris Kowalchuk on Monday. He was entering his sixth season, although he had only played a total of six games over the last two. They released three rookies as well, Canadian running back Errol Brooks and pair of imports, receiver C.J. Tarver and linebacker Kenny Tate. OShea says playing both pre-season games in less than a week was tough and he decided to give the players Monday off. "It makes it harder to practice right now," said OShea. "The guys had two games in six days, theyre tired and they need a little bit of a rest." He says its still training camp mode in terms of their practice shcedules, but theyre also getting ready for the CFL season opener, which will be played in Winnipeg against the Toronto Argonauts June 26. The break is timely, OShea said. "Our focus is cleaning ourselves up with the focus shifted to our opponent." He also said he has no worries about how the offensive line is shaping up, despite some criticism of the way they allowed Calgary to get to their quarterbacks on the weekend. "Theyre taking the techniques . . Theyre applying them in the game. . . By the time we roll into week one theyre all going to be better and theyre going to be better as a unit." He also said he wasnt worry about a defence that lost the battle in both pre-season games. "Im not concerned at all. I know what weve put in and I know that well keep working. The efforts there, the buy-in is there." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar