Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

in the penultimate game

Enviado por wanglei 
in the penultimate game
23-January-2018 04:53
CALGARY -- Although she wasnt pleased with her time, Ottawas Ivanie Blondin skated well enough to win the womens 5,000 metres at the Canadian Olympic speedskating trials on Friday. "I was really nervous for it," said Blondin, who finished in a time of seven minutes 18.45 seconds to win the race by less than half a second. "Im a little surprised with the time and disappointed. It shouldnt have been that close and I shouldnt have skated probably one of the worst times Ive skated in like two years." Blondin finished ahead of Edmontons Nicole Garrido, who had a time of 7:18.87, and Josie Spence of Kamloops, B.C., at 7:23.24. "I wouldnt say I skated really well, but Im obviously happy that I came out on top today," Blondin said. "I think its kind of a miracle that I did." Blondins result will be good enough to earn her a spot to compete for Canada in the 5,000 metres at the Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, according to Sean Ireland, Speed Skating Canadas long-track program director. "She would be the first person in that provisional quota spot," Ireland said. Canadas team, which will consist of 10 women and eight men for all disciplines, will be officially announced on Jan. 22. Four years ago Blondin competed at both the short-track and long-track speedskating Olympic trials, but failed to earn a spot to compete at the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver. "I developed ulcers in my stomach because I was so nervous and stressed out," said Blondin, who finished second in the 3,000 metres on the first day of the Olympic trials last Saturday. "This time around its been a lot better, but its still stressful. "Sometimes I feel like the general public doesnt really realize how much stress you put on your body when you go through these Olympic trials. Its nice to watch and see and everything, but being in it Ive probably got like five grey hairs from this, even though Im 23." Blondin will now take a couple days to relax before heading to Tucson, Arizona to attend a pre-Olympic training camp. "I think itll be nice to get away and relax and just calm down a little bit from these Olympic trials," she said, adding that she doesnt think she will battle as many nerves in Sochi. "Now that the Olympic trials are over and just being at the Games, Ill have a lot less pressure because realistically I dont have anything to lose when Im there." While Blondin believes she did enough to qualify to compete for Canada in three events (5,000 metres, 3,000 metres and womens team pursuit) in Sochi, Torontos Jordan Belchos will have to wait to find out his fate after winning the mens 10,000 metres with a time of 13:24.96 on Friday. Winnipegs Stefan Waples finished second in 13:53.65, while Francois Dery of St. Jean Chrysostome, Que., placed third at 13:58.30. Whether Belchos gets to compete for Canada at the Games depends on what other countries do, said Ireland. "Currently we do not have a quota spot for the Olympics themselves in the 10,000 metres," Ireland said. "We have the first reserve spot, so if another country declines a 10,000 spot, well then theres a chance that we might be able to fill that depending on our own quotas." Belchos said hed rather be in a state of limbo, than not have any chance at all to compete at the Winter Olympics. "Id rather be in this situation than be out," he said. "I dont know what the chances are or anything like that. Im just trying to skate and be prepared if that happens." Thats the right attitude for Belchos to have, Ireland said. "My advice would be to train and prepare knowing that theres a chance," said Ireland, adding that he should know whether another country declines a spot in the 10,000 by mid-January. "Its slim chance at that." Until he finds out his fate, Belchos said that he will continue his usual training regimen. "The next two weeks for me are just about getting away from skating and just training to be an Olympian, but knowing it could not happen," he said. "Im in a position where if it doesnt happen, its almost what I expect. If it does, it would be a pleasant surprise. Its tough to be in such a weird spot." Bernd Leno Jersey . Patty Mills scored 15 points, Tim Duncan had 10 points and 11 rebounds in limited minutes, and San Antonio trailed for only 11 seconds late in the first quarter of a 103-90 victory over Portland on Wednesday night. Benedikt Howedes Jersey . - For years William Gay kept quiet. http://www.germanyfcsoccershop.com/c-15-thomas-muller-germany-jersey.aspx . Some members of the U.S. Congress arent so sure. They say Russia isnt doing enough to assure that athletes will be protected at the Feb. 7-23 games, happening not far from an Islamic insurgency that Russias huge security apparatus has struggled for two decades to quell. Russia may run greater risks in towns outside the tightly controlled Olympic zone. Suicide bombs last month a few hundred kilometres (miles) away have increased concerns, and an Islamic warlord has urged his followers to attack the Sochi Olympics, Russian President Vladimir Putins pet project. Jerome Boateng Jersey . -- The Vancouver Whitecaps remained unbeaten with a scoreless draw at the New England Revolution on Saturday. Mario Gotze Jersey . -- Craig Anderson has quite a record against his former team, the Florida Panthers.KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. -- Roger Federer made a victorious return Friday to the Sony Open after skipping last years tournament, and then was treated to a tribute on the stadium video screen. "It looks like a farewell video," Federer told the crowd with a laugh. "I miss one year, and you make me feel guilty." Federers back, as he showed by beating big-serving Ivo Karlovic 6-4, 7-6 (4). The Swiss star lost just three points on his serve to his 6-foot-11 (2.11-meter) opponent, and in a match with few rallies, he committed only three unforced errors. Three-time champion Novak Djokovic followed Federer onto the stadium court and into the third round, defeating Jeremy Chardy 6-4, 6-3. Defending champion Andy Murray, playing for the first time since he parted with coach Ivan Lendl, rallied to beat Matthew Ebden 3-6, 6-0, 6-1. Another three-time champ, Venus Williams, defeated Anna Schmiedlova 6-3, 6-3. Williams, the oldest player remaining in the womens draw at 33, is competing at Key Biscayne for the 15th time. "Its good to be here still as an oldster," Williams said. At 32, Federer has looked rejuvenated recently, and was the runner-up to Djokovic last week at Indian Wells. The 17-time Grand Slam champion says his new racket gives him more power, and hes moving as he did in the old days. After falling out of the top five last year for the first time since 2002, Federer returned to No. 5 this week. He led from the start against Karlovic, making the surprising choice to receive after winning the toss and earning the lone break of the match in the opening game. "I just felt like, you know, let him go first and see how it goes," Federer said. "It worked well today because I got the early break right away. That relaxed me for the rest of the first set clearly, but still he hung around." While Federer had trouble with serves from Karlovic that peaked at 138 mph (222 kph), the Croat had no cchance when returning.dddddddddddd Federer won 49 of his 52 service points. Federer improved to 11-1 in their head-to-head -- or, in this case, head-to-shoulder. He said playing Karlovic presents unique challenges that he enjoys. "Physically its super easy. There are no long rallies," Federer said. "Its just more like a penalty shootout in soccer." The longest point was the last one, and when Karlovic pushed a backhand into the net on the 10th stroke, Federer hopped happily in celebration and threw a fist. The show of exuberance might be a hint hes keen to do well in a tournament he hasnt won since 2006. "Im very relieved and happy to be through," he said. Djokovic converted all three of his break-point chances against Chardy, who was hobbled after hurting his right ankle in the penultimate game. "When I was supposed to play my best and come up with some good serves and good shots, thats what I did in both sets," Djokovic said. On the womens side, No. 2-seeded Li Na reached the third round when Alisa Kleybanova withdrew because of a viral illness. Kleybanova, who won in doubles Thursday, is a former top 20-player mounting a career comeback from Hodgkins lymphoma. No. 3 Agnieszka Radwanska, the tournament champion in 2012, defeated Romina Oprandi 6-0, 6-4. The Pole was hampered by a knee injury in her loss to Flavia Pennetta in the final at Indian Wells on Sunday, but showed no ill effects in her match Friday. "I feel much better now, obviously," she said. "Its not perfect yet, but I think those few days I had of rest in between Indian Wells and Miami really helped me." No. 6 Simona Halep, who lost to Radwanska in the semifinals at Indian Wells, withdrew because of a right toe injury. Former world No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki advanced with a 6-1, 1-6, 6-3 win over Monica Puig, but No. 7-seeded Jelena Jankovic was upset by American Varvara Lepchenko. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar