Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

www.houstontexansteamonline.com

Enviado por hongwei28 
www.houstontexansteamonline.com
12-January-2019 09:10
CLEVELAND — Another day Authentic Martinas Rankin Jersey , another roster move involving the Cleveland Indians‘ bullpen. Prior to their 6-3 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday, the Indians placed reliever Evan Marshall on the 10-day disabled list with right elbow inflammation.

To replace Marshall on the roster, the Indians selected the contract of reliever George Kontos from Triple-A Columbus.

Wednesday afternoon at Progressive Field, the Indians and White Sox will play the final game of their three-game series.

Kontos, 33, started this season with Pittsburgh, for whom he made 21 relief appearances this year, going 2-3 with a 5.03 ERA and one save. He was designated for assignment on May 25 and was signed as a free agent by the Indians on May 25. In six appearances with Triple-A Columbus, Kontos pitched 7 2/3 scoreless innings, allowing seven hits, with six strikeouts and no walks.

When he gets into a game Kontos will become the 17th different relief pitcher used by the Indians this season.

“With the new guys, we want to get them settled, and I want to familiarize myself with them as quickly as I can,” said Indians manager Terry Francona Jordan Poyer Jersey , who admits that it’s a challenge for newly-acquired pitchers to be comfortable.

Many of the relievers the Indians have used were released by other teams.

Francona says he is mindful of the pressure the new relievers face when they join the team.

“When guys are pitching for their baseball life, it’s harder on them,” Francona said. “When (closer) Cody Allen has a bad inning, he knows he’s going to be here the next day. The other guys, when they have a bad inning they know they might get sent down or designated for assignment. That makes it hard.”

Fortunately for Francona and those relievers, the Indians’ starting pitcher Wednesday usually makes it an easy day for the bullpen. Reigning Cy Young Award winner Corey Kluber (10-3, 2.24 ERA) will be on the mound for Cleveland.

Kluber, however, is coming off his worst start of the season in his last outing, a 6-3 loss to Minnesota on Friday. Kluber lasted just five innings, giving up four runs on four hits, with three strikeouts and one walk.

That one walk was significant because it snapped a streak of six starts, 46 1/3 innings and 169 consecutive batters faced by Kluber without a walk. The four runs allowed by Kluber snapped his streak of 14 consecutive quality starts to begin the season, the longest such streak by an Indians pitcher in 100 years.

Kluber’s last start against the White Sox came on May 30 of this year Cam Newton Jersey , a 9-1 Cleveland victory in which Kluber got the win by pitching six scoreless innings on three hits, with 10 strikeouts and no walks. In 21 career appearances against the White Sox Kluber is 10-4 with a 3.05 ERA.

Kluber’s mound opponent on Wednesday was his mound opponent in that May 30 game between the two teams — Reynaldo Lopez (2-4, 3.26).

In that loss to Kluber, Lopez pitched 2 2/3 innings, giving up seven runs on eight hits with two strikeouts and one walk.

Lopez’s last start was a 4-3 White Sox loss to Detroit on Friday. Lopez, who did not figure in the decision, pitched six innings, allowing three runs on nine hits with three strikeouts and no walks. In two career starts against Cleveland, Lopez is 0-2 with an 8.31 ERA.

The Indians come into Wednesday’s game having won three in a row while the White Sox have lost six in a row.

Joe Thomas remains torn about his football future.

He’s still holding.

Cleveland’s star left tackle, who played more than 10,000 consecutive snaps before suffering a season-ending left triceps injury on Oct. 22, said Wednesday night that he’s undecided about continuing his Hall of Fame-caliber career – or retiring.

”Making progress,” the 10-time Pro Bowler said. ”Had a lot of time to think and spend some time with the family, but not ready definitively to make a decision one way or the other just yet. Really for me Luke Kuechly Jersey , my decision is just going to come down to do I feel like I’m healthy enough to survive another season?”

One of the NFL’s premier tackles, Thomas was on the field for 10,363 straight plays before his triceps ripped while blocking on a running play against Tennessee. Thomas planned to take the offseason to weigh his options, and he remains unsure if he wants to make a comeback or move on to a new career, perhaps in the TV broadcast booth.

Thomas isn’t leaning in either direction.

”There’s some days you go back and forth,” he said.

Thomas was a presenter at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards, which he attended with his wife, Annie. Thomas said he has not received any pressure to make his decision from the Browns, who are coming off a historic 0-16 season.

”I don’t think there’s any real rush at this point,” he said. ”Obviously, they want to know before the draft and free agency, so that if they have to make different plans if I’m not going to be there, they want to know about it. I told them I’ll make a decision when I’m ready and let them know and give them as much time as I possibly can.”

Thomas said he won’t be medically cleared to play until summer, but that timeframe has no bearing on his decision.

”It’s seven-to-nine months from surgery Wes Horton Jersey , so that would put me in June or July,” he said. ”But I’m not worried about that. The elbow is something that’ll take care of itself. I feel confident the rehab has gone well and it will continue to go well. Really for me, knee and back are the primary issues that I’ve been dealing with a number of years.”

Thomas came close to quitting before when a back spasm in 2007 lasted four weeks.

”Couldn’t practice. Basically couldn’t tie my own shoes,” he said. ”And I go, `This is my last year. There’s no way I can do this another season.’ And I made it four more after that. So it’s weird the highs and lows that you go through during a season, especially because of the emotional and physical toll a game takes on you.”

The 18th annual sports awards brought out some of Cleveland’s biggest sports movers and shakers, including former Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar, Indians manager Terry Francona and Cavaliers general manager Koby Altman. The event was hosted by ESPN’s Tom Rinaldi.

Former Cavaliers center Zydrunas Ilgauskas received a lifetime achievement award at the gala event. The 7-foot-3 Ilgauskas was affectionately known simply as ”Z” by Cleveland fans who embraced the Lithuania native and made him one of their own.

Ilgauskas overcame two major foot injuries early in his career and played 13 seasons in the NBA before retiring in 2011 after one year in Miami. The Cavs retired his No. 11 in 2014.

Ilgauskas recalled that early in his career, owner Gordon Gund had a deal worked out to trade him to Detroit. He turned it down.

”I didn’t stay because of the weather,” he told the Cleveland crowd. ”I didn’t stay because of the food, but that’s gotten a lot better since 1996. I stayed because of you guys. You guys make this city what it is.”

LeBron James said Ilgauskas was one of his favorite teammates.

”We had a heck of a chemistry with our pick and pop,” James said. ”Multi-talented guy but even greater person to be around every day. Came to work every day, showed up every day and he gave everything he could to this franchise and the Heat franchise.”
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar