Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

www.ramsauthorizedshops.com

Enviado por panxing18 
www.ramsauthorizedshops.com
15-January-2019 04:06
Spending a draft pick on a punter isn't unusual in the NFL because field position matters in the league. When that rookie comes in and shows off a booming leg Greg Zuerlein Jersey , people take notice.Michael Dickson bypassed his final year of eligibility at Texas to enter the draft early, and the Seattle Seahawks traded up in the fifth round to take the Australian native and 2017 Ray Guy Award winner. Dickson has made both decisions pay off very nicely in his debut season.Dickson edged out Johnny Hekker of the Los Angeles Rams as the NFL's top punter in 2018 in voting released Friday by a panel of 10 football writers for The Associated Press. Dickson received four first-place votes and was the only punter listed on every ballot."When's the last time a rookie topped any of the position rankings? Who knows?" Dallas-based Schuyler Dixon said. "When's the last time a punter skipped his final season of eligibility for the draft? This former Texas Longhorn is a generational talent."Dickson, who has had a long punt of 69 yards this season, is second in gross punting averaging at 48.7 yards. But the rookie easily leads the NFL with a net average of 44.2 yards. He's also placed 20 punts inside an opponent's 20. Dickson was voted the NFC's special teams player for November thanks to his leg."Spending a fifth-round draft pick on the Aussie from the Texas Longhorns has turned into a key move in Seattle's unexpectedly solid season," New York-based lead NFL writer Barry Wilner said.Hekker, who finished fourth in these rankings in 2017, received two first-place votes. His biggest challenge comes from playing for a team with a high-powered offense that just doesn't need him much. Luckily, Hekker keeps finding ways to make himself valuable."He's a four-tool punter," said Philadelphia-based Rob Maaddi. "Hekker can run or throw for a first down on fake punts, and he has also made an extra point and field goal this season. His net average being fifth is just an added bonus."In all, 17 punters received at least one vote, with only five receiving at least one first-place vote.Brett Kern of the Tennessee Titans, who earned his first Pro Bowl nod in 2017 when he also the top punter in these rankings , joined Hekker receiving two first-place votes and finished third. Kern is fourth with a gross average of 40.5 yards with his net taking a hit from a struggling punt coverage unit. But the 11-year veteran still has a strong leg, with a long of 62 yards this season."Forget drafting Tim Tebow or trading Jay Cutler, Josh McDaniels' head coaching legacy in Denver was inexplicably waiving Kern, who landed on Tennessee's roster and has been nothing but sensational for the last decade," said Denver-based Arnie Stapleton.No punter has had as many chances this season as Andy Lee of Arizona, not that usage is limiting his effectiveness. Lee finished fourth with a leg that has a long punt of 64 yards this season."Lee is a three-time Pro Bowl pick and could be in for another trip with another solid season Authentic Tyler Higbee Jersey ," New York-based Dennis Waszak Jr. said. "With Arizona's offense struggling as the worst-ranked unit in the league, Lee has been plenty busy while punting an NFL-leading 71 times, and his 48.5 gross average and 41.7 net both rank near the top."Cameron Johnston of Philadelphia finished fifth as the other punter to receive a first-place vote. New York-based Simmi Buttar noted the Australia native is tied for the league lead in gross average with Dickson and has a long punt of 68 yards.Washington's Tress Way and Dustin Colquitt of the Chiefs tied for sixth. San Francisco-based Josh Dubow noted no punter has been better than Way at pinning teams deep, with nearly 60 percent of his punts downed inside the 20."No one has even approached that mark in nearly three decades," Dubow said.Colquitt, like Hekker, simply doesn't get many chances to punt. Wilner says, yes, Colquitt could get rusty with how well the Chiefs move the ball, but the punter remains one of the NFL's best.Sam Koch is a 13-year veteran for Baltimore yet remains a factor for the Ravens and came in eighth. He finished just ahead of a second-year punter in Matt Haack of Miami. The Dolphins keep Haack pretty busy, but he has put 31 kicks inside the 20 to finish ninth.Rigoberto Sanchez of the Colts came in 10th, and he has the second-best net average at 42.8 yards that cannot be ignored."Don't usually look at indoor kickers, but Sanchez has given up a total of 63 return yards," Wilner said.The rankings:1. Michael Dickson, Seahawks2. Johnny Hekker, Rams3. Brett Kern, Titans4. Andy Lee, Cardinals5. Cameron Johnston, Eaglest-6. Dustin Colquitt Youth Michael Brockers Jersey , Chiefst-6. Tress Way, Washington8. Sam Koch, Ravens9. Matt Haack, Dolphins10. Rigoberto Sanchez, Colts The Seattle Seahawks' "Legion of Boom" blew up with Kam Chancellor's neck injury and Richard Sherman's exit. The Denver Broncos' "No Fly Zone" was grounded by Aqib Talib's trade and T.J. Ward's departure.Not so fast, insist the holdovers.These two teams may not have the star power in their respective secondaries that they've boasted in years past, but they still have formidable, youth-infused defensive backfields expected to play leading roles in 2018.When Talib was traded to the Rams this spring, he suggested the "No Fly Zone" no longer existed.Nonsense, retorted cornerback Chris Harris Jr."I started the 'No Fly Zone,' so it's going to always be here," said Harris, who has some new co-pilots in cornerbacks Tramaine Brock, Adam Jones and Isaac Yiadom backing up Talib's replacement, Bradley Roby.At safety, the Broncos had hoped to add some pop to go with Darian Stewart's heady play, and they acquired Su'a Cravens from Washington. But he's on IR with a sore left knee, leaving Will Parks and Dymonte Thomas to step up.Behind Sherman's swagger, Seattle's secondary became a catchphrase across the NFL. The "Legion of Boom" was so well known the names of Sherman http://www.ramsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-johnny-hekker-jersey , Chancellor and Earl Thomas were always associated with that moniker.Not anymore.Sherman is now with division rival San Francisco. Chancellor's career is likely over after a neck injury suffered last season. Thomas is still around but he only returned to the team on Wednesday after a holdout that produced neither the contract extension nor the trade he hoped for.Broncos coach Vance Joseph doesn't see much difference on film, however."That defense is more of a culture than it is a certain player," Joseph said. "They play hard, they play fast and that's what coach (Pete) Carroll brought there five or six years ago. As I watch the tape this year, it's different names and numbers, but it's the same personalities. It's Seattle. It looks like Seattle."If Thomas plays Sunday, it will likely be on a limited "pitch count" as Carroll described it.Otherwise, Seattle's secondary features Shaquill Griffin and Dontae Johnson at cornerbacks, Bradley McDougald at strong safety and some combination of Thomas and Tedric Thompson at free safety.Not quite "Boom" worthy just yet.Griffin is on his way to being Seattle's next secondary star. He showed the skill last year as a rookie playing opposite Sherman and may eventually take over as the leader of the unit. Johnson was a starter last year in San Francisco, and McDougald may be one of Seattle's most versatile players with the ability to bounce between both strong safety and free safety."It's very reassuring Earl is back," McDougald said. "I'm happy he's here and I'm ready to get to work."Other subplots as the Broncos try to extend the NFL's longest active winning streak in openers to sevenconfused smileyTATING HIS CASE: QB Case Keenum , trying to help the Broncos avoid their first back-to-back losing seasons since 1971-72, figures his Denver debut got a little bit harder with Thomas ending his holdout.He praised Thomas as one of the best safeties he's ever faced, insisted, "he can do some things on film that nobody else can do."That said, Keenum likes his teammates and his chances."I've got a lot of respect for 29," Keenum said. "But we trust our guys running routes and catching the ball versus anybody out there."SHAQUEM STARTS: Shaquill Griffin's twin brother, rookie linebacker Shaquem Griffin, is expected to start against the Broncos with K.J. Wright out following minor knee surgery. It's another chapter in the remarkable story of Griffin Lamarcus Joyner Jersey , who had his left hand amputated as a child. While Griffin is a superior athlete, he is undersized for the position and will be challenged both in the run game and trying to defend bigger tight ends Jeff Heuerman and Jake Butt.HONORING T.D.: Royce Freeman is set to become the first rookie running back to start Week 1 for the Broncos since Hall of Famer Terrell Davis in 1995. Fellow rookie and local hero Phillip Lindsay, who starred at the University of Colorado, got Davis' blessing to rock his No. 30 jersey ."As a running back, it's special to be able to wear T.D.'s number," Lindsay said.COLORADO CONNECTION: Seahawks QB Russell Wilson was once a farmhand of the Colorado Rockies, who drafted him a day before his father died in 2010. "I'm very, very grateful for the Colorado Rockies organization and what they did for me and just gave me a chance and allowed me to take my mind off of my dad, who was my best friend. I'll never forget that," Wilson said.The New York Yankees now hold Wilson's baseball rights, and while he's got a great gig now, "I think I'd look pretty good in them, wearing the pinstripes," Wilson said. "When you put on a Yankee uniform, they say you become immortal."AP Sports Writer Tim Booth contributed.
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar