Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

in the lineup, batting fourth.Outfielder Willie Calhoun was optioned to Triple-A Round Rock. Calhoun hit .275 with nine RBIs in 22 games with the Rangers after being called up July 20 when Mazara was formally put on the DL.Beltre missed 12 games while on

Enviado por elaine95 
Rich Schultz/Getty ImagesLongtime Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard announced his retirement from baseball Tuesday following a 13-year MLB career.Howard http://www.bluejaysfanproshop.com/authentic-russell-martin-jersey , who last played in the major leagues during the 2016 season, confirmed the decision in an essay entitled "Thank You, Philly" for The Players' Tribune."And that's definitely something I've learned, one way or another, over these last 14 years: How, in baseball, man鈥ou truly do have to take the all of it," he wrote. "You truly don't get your share of the sweet, in this game, without taking your share of the sour."The Phillies selected Howard in the fifth round of the 2001 MLB draft. He made a quick ascent through the club's minor league system before making his debut late in the 2004 campaign Josh Donaldson Jersey , when he flashed his power potential with two home runs in 39 at-bats.He captured National League Rookie of the Year honors in 2005 after posting a .288/.356/.567 triple-slash line with 22 homers across 88 appearances.One year later, he was named the 2006 NL MVP after racking up an MLB-high 58 home runs and accumulating a career-best 1.084 OPS in 159 games for Philadelphia.Howard, who spent time in Triple-A for the Atlanta Braves and Colorado Rockies in 2017, also features a 2008 World Series title, three All-Star Game selections and a Silver Slugger Award on his resume."It's been a wild ride鈥nd I'm glad that I got to stay on it for as long as I did," Howard wrote. "Which I guess has really also kind of become my overall perspective on things: How, when it's come to these last 14 years of mine鈥攏othing has ever been easy for long, and nothing has ever been perfect for long."But I wouldn't have it any other way."He finishes his career with 382 home runs鈥攖he second-most in Phillies history behind only fellow team legend Mike Schmidt (548)鈥?,194 RBI and 848 runs scored in 1,572 MLB games. ARLINGTON Joe Carter Jersey , Texas (AP) — Texas Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre is still out of the lineup because of his troublesome left hamstring, but still on the active roster and hoping to avoid a third trip to the disabled list this season.“That’s the question right now. We want to wait a couple days,” the 39-year-old Beltre said Thursday.Beltre aggravated the hamstring Monday night when scoring from second base on a bloop single to left-center field. The active career hits leader didn’t play Tuesday night before the Rangers had a day off.“Medically, it’s a grade 2 (strain). But physically, I don’t feel that bad,” Beltre said before the opener of a four-game series against the Los Angeles Angels.“It’s not something that’s going to take you six weeks to get back. Hopefully, in the next couple days, it’ll show some improvement. If it’s going to 10 days (on the DL), just 10 days.”The Rangers activated right fielder Nomar Mazara from the 10-day disabled list. He hadn’t played since the All-Star break because of a sprained right thumb. Mazara was back in the lineup, batting fourth.Outfielder Willie Calhoun was optioned to Triple-A Round Rock. Calhoun hit .275 with nine RBIs in 22 games with the Rangers after being called up July 20 when Mazara was formally put on the DL.Beltre missed 12 games while on the disabled list from April 25-May 8 http://www.bluejaysfanproshop.com/authentic-j.a.-happ-jersey , and was back only five games before returning to the DL on May 14 and missing 16 more games. Beltre missed 61 games last season for two DL stints, first for right calf tightness and then the left hamstring late in the season.“I think it’s definitely the first time that it’s happened three times in one year. Obviously, we tried to do everything in our power to not let it happen, but it’s baseball,” he said. “Stuff happens. Sometimes you can’t prevent it.”The four-time All-Star, in his 21st big league season and the last year of his Rangers contract, was asked if he would treat things different being at this stage in his career.“That brings the question, is this going to keep happening more often? Is it worth it to fight it back?,” Beltre said. “It’s a sign of maybe … time to get close to, you know Kendrys Morales Jersey , say bye to you guys. But again, it’s something that I’ve been dealing with all my career, since I was 20 years old.”Beltre is hitting .278 with seven homers and 41 RBIs in 86 games this season. He is a .286 hitter with 3,137 hits and 469 homers in 2,900 career games.
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar