Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

aboard when h

Enviado por douhua2233 
aboard when h
10-August-2018 09:47
”Johnny Hockey” is getting an additional title: part owner.

Calgary Flames star forward Johnny Gaudreau is a member of an NHL-laden ownership group that purchased an equity stake in the U.S. Hockey League’s Dubuque Fighting Saints on Thursday. The group includes Buffalo Sabres forward Zemgus Girgensons http://www.vikingsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-kendall-wright-jersey , former Sabres and Pittsburgh Penguins coach Dan Bylsma, and Florida Panthers executive chairman Peter Luukko.

Gaudreau and Girgensons were teammates on the Dubuque team that won the USHL championship in 2011. Luukko’s son Nick was also on the team. Their ownership group is titled Saints4Life Acquisitions.

”The first day I stepped into Dubuque, I knew it was a special place,” Gaudreau said in a statement issued by the league. ”I have a lot of special memories in Dubuque, including winning it all in 2011. It was an offer I couldn’t refuse.”

Gaudreau was the USHL’s rookie of the year in 2011, when he was also drafted by Calgary. He eventually went on to win college hockey’s Hobey Baker Award at Boston College.

Girgensons described being part of the ownership group as a way to pay back the team for playing a key role in his development. A year after moving to North America from his native Latvia, Girgensons spent two seasons with the Fighting Saints and was preparing to play college hockey at Vermont before being selected by Buffalo in the first round of the 2012 draft.

”It’s a team that really got me to where I am today http://www.redskinsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-geron-christian-jersey ,” Girgensons told The Associated Press by phone.

Never envisioning the opportunity to be an owner, Girgensons joked he might need to contact Sabres owner Terry Pegula for a few pointers.

Edmonton Oilers president and general manager Peter Chiarelli will remain a part owner of the team. Philip Falcone, who previously was a part owner of the NHL’s Minnesota Wild, is departing as the Fighting Saints’ principal owner.

The Fighting Saints have won two championships since returning to the USHL in 2010 following a nine-year absence.

Luukko immediately jumped aboard when he saw how his son’s experience in Dubuque helped prepare him for college.

”I know from my son’s perspective and others that I’ve talked to, they come in as pretty mature people heading into their university experience,” he said.

”Being involved in the National Hockey League for over 25 years, this is a chance to be able to be part of the development of young players and what is actually a good business also Jordan Akins Color Rush Jersey ,” Luukko said. ”Listen, I don’t belong to a country club, so really this will be my fun.”

Current and former NHL players laid sticks in front of a Humboldt Broncos jersey prior to a tribute country concert Friday night honoring the junior hockey team.

A crowd of over 10,000 people gathered at SaskTel Centre to remember those killed in the April 6 bus crash, and chants of ”Go Broncos Go!” rang through the crowd shortly after Premier Scott Moe made a speech.

Current NHL players such as Sean Monahan of the Calgary Flames and Brendan Gallagher of the Montreal Canadiens were in attendance.

The stars who performed at the show, like Juno award winner Brett Kissel, anticipated before they took the stage that it would be an emotional night.

”When we play some of the fun songs we hope people have the most fun that they’ve ever had because they can Kody Clark Capitals Jersey , and because they should,” Kissel told a news conference shortly before the show began. ”When we play an emotional song tonight we hope if you want to cry, you want to let it out, the way that I might on stage, who knows, we’ll take it as it comes, song by song.”

The Hunter Brothers from Saskatchewan sang the national anthem while Chad Brownlee played a rendition of Tom Cochrane’s ”Big League.” A video message from surviving Broncos player Brayden Camrud was played before the performances started along with a message from Chris Joseph http://www.broncosauthorizedshops.com/authentic-josey-jewell-jersey , whose son Jaxon died in the crash.

The crowd also gave a section of first responders in attendance a standing ovation.

Kissel, as well as fellow Juno winners Dallas Smith and Jess Moskaluke, played some of their biggest hits.

On Thursday night, close to 50 current and former NHL players gave a standing ovation to families of the Broncos at a local hotel.

Scott Thomas, whose son Evan died in the crash, didn’t expect to see such a big crowd.

”You could see the pain in their faces, you could see the respect that they have for what we’re going through as parents Alex Wood Los Angeles Dodgers Jersey , as hockey people,” Thomas said. ”There’s just a lot of emotion in the room.”

Hall of Famer Mike Modano said being with the families of the Broncos on Thursday night was really hard.

”I think that was the first time a lot of those families had been together since the accident,” he said. ”It was really heart wrenching to just kind of be there and put some names to the faces finally that we’ve heard about.”

The Country Thunder Music Festival said money from the $65 concert tickets will be donated to the families.

Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar