Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

Fortnite Season 5 Is Right Round The Corner

Enviado por Cszcy 
Fortnite Season 5 Is Right Round The Corner
20-July-2018 03:25
I've been thinking a lot lately about this approach to multiplayer storytelling in contrast to that of Overwatch, a match I have been addicted to since fortnite traps launch in 2016. Overwatch grafts a more traditional narrative on an infinite series of conflicts that aren't so royale. The sport surrounds its 6v6 payload push-offs with vibrant characters, decades-spanning lore, limited-time PVE occasions, in-game puzzles, CG videos, comics, and more. It is a lot.

Unlike Fortnite, though, Overwatch's narrative lacks a focal point. If you ask any given Overwatch player what's happening right now in the match's present-day deadline, I'm willing to bet that they'd shrug and, at best, be in a position to provide up the backstories of a couple of their favourite heroes. In-game story occasions, meanwhile, have been focused on creating out backstory more, but at a largely disconnected fashion that's hard to tie into a larger arc unless you're a dyed-in-the-wool lore nerd.

Earlier this year, for example, the Retribution occasion followed Reaper, McCree, Moira, and Genji through an ordeal in Overwatch's past that we have been informed --not revealed --is critical. We then jumped back into the present and obtained a new hero entirely unrelated to that occasion, Hammond. I've spoken to friends who took a rest in the game for just a few months, and that was enough to put their heads turning. Blizzard asserts that Overwatch's storyline will begin cohering and moving forward soon, but buy fortnite weapons has already been two decades.

The aforementioned reams of fan fiction and fan art, although certainly a sign of Overwatch's success, also strike me as an attempt at making sense of it all, deriving order out of chaos. Overwatch's story and world aren't even that complex: there is only a bunch occurring, and in-game events ping-pong between timelines, making it difficult for the game's whole player base to get spent in any one thing.
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar