Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

www.thegiantsfansclub.com

Enviado por liny195 
www.thegiantsfansclub.com
27-November-2019 02:46
EAST RUTHERFORD Authentic Corey Ballentine Jersey , N.J. (AP) — With a week to go before the NFL draft, Saquon Barkley hasn’t gotten a lot of calls from the top prospects wanting to know what to expect next week.A few former Penn State teammates have reached out to the New York Giants running back, and the only message the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year gave them was to be ready when the season starts.It’s the attitude he took last year, and nothing has changed, even with the recent trade of star wide receiver and good friend Odell Beckham Jr. to the Cleveland Browns.Speaking after an organized team activity on Thursday, Barkley is looking for new things to challenge him. He wants to improve his pass blocking and catching the ball and being more of a leader in his second season.The one thing that doesn’t need help is his running. The No. 2 pick overall in last year’s draft ran for a franchise-rookie record 1,307 yards and 11 touchdowns, including a long of 78 yards. He also led the team in receiving with 91 catches and four touchdowns.What Barkley wants is anything that can help the Giants win.“My competitive nature would love to be the best player in the league and the best running back in the league, but I think you could make an argument that I was one of the best running backs in the league last year and we went 5-11 to account for it,” Barkley said. “My mindset is whatever it takes to take this team to another level and compete for a championship, whether that is 2,000 yards Lawrence Taylor Jerseys 2019 , 1,500 yards or 800 yards.”Looking to the draft, Barkley doesn’t intend to watch much of it. He felt the draft lasted too long last year, and it was over for him after the second pick.However, he knows what the Giants need.“Just guys that love the game,” Barkley said. “That is the biggest thing I have learned so far in my one year in the NFL. Just guys that love the game and love competing, whether you are 2-14 or 14-2. I know I sound like a broken record because I said it before, but it is truly what it takes.”General manager Dave Gettleman didn’t shed much light on who the Giants would take with the sixth and 17th overall picks in the first round next Thursday. The Giants need pass rushers, an offensive tackle, defensive backs and a quarterback to replace 38-year-old Eli Manning.While many hope Gettleman takes an heir apparent for Manning, he insists there is no pressure to take a quarterback.“I am just saying I won’t force a pick,” Gettleman said. “You can’t draft for need. You will get screwed every time and make a mistake.”Gettleman said this is a deep draft and there is a lot of value in the first four rounds White Carl Banks Jerseys , which is good for the Giants, who have 12 picks. He added he would make a trade if it helped get a player the team coveted.“First, second, third-round draft picks at the very least, you are looking for a big rotational player,” Gettleman said. “Everyone talks about the way the league is going down, 65-70% of the time you have your defensive sub package in. You can easily make the argument that your nickel is your starter. You can make that argument. Your third wide is your starter. That is what you are looking at. Guys that walk on the field and help you win now. Anything after that is a huge bonus.” EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — The New York Giants are letting three-time Pro Bowl safety Landon Collins test the free-agent market without any restrictions.The Giants on Tuesday elected not to put a franchise tag on their leading tackler in each of his four seasons with the team.The NFL announced later in the afternoon six players were designated as non-exclusive franchise players. Collins was not on the list.Teams can begin signing free agents at 4 p.m. EDT on March 13, a week from Wednesday.In a tweet, Collins thanked the organization for four “great years” and said he was looking forward to the next chapter of his football career.Collins’ tweet came less than three hours before the NFL deadline for teams to put a franchise tag on an unrestricted free agent. The tag would have cost the Giants $11.15 million against their 2019 salary cap and general manager Dave Gettleman gave indications at the NFL combine last week that the price was steep.“I want to thank the Giants organization for believing in me and allowing me to have 4 great years in NY,” Collins tweeted. “I can’t express how great it was to play with my teammates and in one of the greatest cities in the world. I will forever cherish my time in the blue and white and the relationships I have built in the building and in my community. Now on to the next chapter….”The remaining Giants safeties are not playmakers like Collins. Veteran Michael Thomas and Sean Chandler are the top guys at the position, so the team may look to sign a free agent or draft a safety.After the opening day of the 2015 draft Carl Banks Jerseys 2019 , the Giants traded up to get Collins with the first pick in the second round. In return, New York gave Tennessee its second round pick (the eighth in the round), along with fourth and seven-round choices.It turned out to be a smart move by then-general manager Jerry Reese, well worth the $6.12 million the team paid him for four seasons.Collins was outstanding in his four seasons, leading the club with 112, 125, 104 and 96 tackles. The lowest number was this past season when the former Alabama star suffered a partially torn labrum against Chicago that required surgery. He to missed the final four games.Collins also had surgery after the 2017 season to repair a broken right forearm sustained in the penultimate game.The 25-year-old Collins started 59 games with the Giants and had 437 tackles, four sacks and eight interceptions, including one returned for a touchdown. He was also a leader in the locker room.His best season was 2016 when the Giants went to the playoffs for the only time since winning the Super Bowl after the 2011 season. He returned to his natural strong safety spot after a year as the free safety and had 125 tackles and five interceptions, earning All-Pro honors.
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar