Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

One Night Only- Your Guide to This Eveni

Enviado por sherry2018love 
One Night Only- Your Guide to This Eveni
23-October-2017 14:08
If Ive learned one le son from my life on the streets, its that Im not too special. Its not really a pleasant revelation, this. Though Im neither a psychologist, nor will i even utilize one on television, Personally i think totally comfortable stating publicly that feeling special is probably pretty high up there on the list of things humans want/need. Even so, there's one distinct advantage of this difficult news, and its this: when I've an idea, I can bet that someone else has probably had it, too.
So after i thought to myself recently, Hey, you know whatd be cool? If there were a daily preview thing at Breno Giacomini Jersey FanGraphs well, the only reasonable conclusion I was able to draw is the fact that probably about a gabillion others have thought exactly the same thing*.
*One of those gabillion people actually turns out to be FanGraphs contributor and Unbearable Math Snob Jack Moore, who will I joke explore be previewing the Sox/Rays Patriots Day game during these electronic pages roughly 1 hour from now.
With that, I give you here the first DOnta Foreman Jersey installment of something I think Ill call One Night Only. The concept isnt nece sarily to provide a complete statistical primer for a single game and its definitely not to predict the days winners or any specific performances or anything like that. Rather, the idea is to identify a game title or games or I-dont-know-what concerning the day in baseball that could be of interest to the curious fan.
Will this be considered a daily venture? Oh God, no. Like a cardholding layabout, Im expre sly forbidden from putting forth the type of effort that such an undertaking will need. But I think its something that can happen more often than once per week. That sounds cost effective for now.
Of course, the shape could change drastically and without warning. For the moment, however, itll probably look nearly the same as this:
Rockies (Aaron Cook) at Nationals (Craig Stammen), 7:05 ETWhile frequently an excellent pitching matchup may be the main draw for any game, such is not the case here. Craig Stammen is an CJ Fiedorowicz Jersey exercise in meh-dom. Aaron Cook is slightly more interesting not just for his groundballing ways but for the increased whiff rate hes posted on the early season (9.3% currently versus 5.9% career). Still, Cook is really a known quantity, and its not the most exciting quantity on the block.
So whats there to determine here?, maybe youre asking.
Justin Maxwell, may be the answer.
Maxwell turns 27 later this season, but between his five-tool profile, decent plate discipline, and injury-plagued minor league career, still has prospect status. Hes listed at 6-5/235 which, by comparison, is an inch taller and 15 pounds heavier compared to very menacing Jason Heyward. (Note: I personally dont know whether its Heywards size or his scary robot sungla ses that makes him so frightening. I must research this.)
In 137 career plate appearances eight which came within the last four or so days Maxwell has posted a type of .250/.336/.475, good for Vince Wilfork Jersey a 120 wRC+. Thats decent stuff, and not entirely shocking given his minor league numbers.
All in most, between his athleticism and contact i sues, Maxwell probably figures to get the poorest mans Mike Cameron. Its entirely po sible that his defense is comparable. CHONE doesnt like him this year, pitting him below average, but Baseball America (per this years Prospect Handbook) rates him Maxwell as an above-average defender in center field with excellent range and instincts.
One problem: theres no guarantee Maxwells gonna play today. Hes not inside a strict platoon with Willie Harris in Washingtons wide open right field, but its platoon-ish. Thats fair. Maybe Ubaldo Jimenez can just find some method to throw another no-hitter.
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar