Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

Browns setting example for diversity wit

Enviado por sherry2018love 
Browns setting example for diversity wit
18-November-2017 04:14
BEREA, Ohio The Browns are creating a template for diversity in the NFL.It started in January when the team promoted Sashi Brown to be its executive vice president of football operations and general manager. The Browns then hired former Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson as their new head coach.MORE: Sports pioneers who changed the gameAfter Jackson accepted the job,he tabbedPep Hamilton as his offensive coordinator and named Ray Horton his defensive coordinator. Hamilton, who previously served as the Colts' offensive coordinator,and Horton, a former player and widely respected defensive coach with the Lions, Steelers, Cardinals and Titans, are both black men as are Jackson and Brown.The Browns are the only team in NFL history with a black general manager, head coach, offensive coordinatorand defensive coordinator.I dont look at it like Nickell Robey-Coleman Jersey that. I think we have some of the best people in our field at those positions, Jackson said Friday at the teams training facility. I never got caught up in black or white. I know I hired the best guys who I thought could help our football team win.BENDER: Browns might have a legit receiving corpsSashi is Torry Holt Jersey extremely talented at his position. (Vice president of player personnel) Andrew Berrys extremely talented at his position. We feel comfortable and confident in the people we have.Not since the 1999 Packers, led by head coach Ray Rhodes with offensive coordinator Sherman Lewis and defensive coordinator Emmitt Thomas, has an NFL team had black men in the three most prominent positions on the coaching staff.The Packers hired Rhodes four years before the Rooney Rule, which mandates that teams must interview one person of color for a head coach or general manager vacancy, was implemented. Green Bay may have been the first NFL team to have a black head coach, offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator.MORE: Best Browns players of all timeHorton, who has been considered for headcoaching positions, is one of nine minority defensive coordinators. Not only is Hamilton one of only four black offensive coordinators in Kurt Warner Jersey the NFL, hes the lone African-American quarterbacks coach.Since the Rooney Rule was put into place in 2003, there have been 14 minorities hired to be head coaches. There are six head coaches of color, including Carolinas Ron Rivera, this season.About 70 percent of players in the NFL are black and the leagues teams have been criticized for not promoting worthy coaches of color or giving minority a sistants meaningful interviews for headcoaching jobs. Jackson told Omnisport he hasnever thought about the historical significance of his teams football leadership.I probably should, but I dont. Thats not my focus, Jackson said. My focus is those coaches and those people who are in those leadership positions to do everything they can to help this team win.BENDER: Browns would be crazy to trade McCown to CowboysShould Robert Griffin III win the starting quarterback job, the Browns would add to their unprecedented diversity. While Jackson hasnt publicly named a starter, Griffin is taking most of the first-team reps in training camp.You keep watching Robert get Rodger Saffold Jersey better and better right before your eyes, Jackson told reporters Friday. Hes no different than any other player Im coaching and I have an expectation for that position.I think hes trying. Well keep going after it and good things are going to happen.
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar