Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

Gimenez hit a tiebreaking two-out R

Enviado por wanglei 
Gimenez hit a tiebreaking two-out R
09-December-2017 04:07
INDIAN WELLS, Calif. -- Milos Raonic and Aleksandra Wozniak continued successful injury comebacks as each advanced into the fourth round of the BNP Paribas Open on Monday to next face reigning Grand Slam champions. Tenth-seeded Raonic, playing for the first time in more than a month after suffering ankle ligament damage, fired a modest 10 aces in a 6-4, 6-3 defeat of Colombian Alejandro Falla with a break per set providing the winning margin. "Im playing well this week, better with each match," said the 11th-ranked Thornhill, Ont., native. "Im proud to be back on court again. Im happy to be back and really happy to be playing so well, so quickly." Raonic lined up a match against Wimbledon champion Andy Murray, who struggled to beat Czech Jiri Vesely 6-7 (2), 6-4, 6-4. Raonic owns a 2-1 lead in that series, winning their last in a 2012 Tokyo semifinal. "I have got to go out there and play well, thats the main thing to focus on," said Raonic. "I have to really take care of my serve, and try to sort of make the most of the situations as they occur. "Andys in a situation where he didnt play for a big chunk of time (back surgery) and Im in mine. I have to really buckle down and focus on myself and make sure I do my things well, and then change a few things that I may need to facing him." Wozniak is making quick progress after a shoulder injury with a 6-1, 6-7 (3-7), 6-0 defeat of Russias Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova. The Blainville, Que., native set herself up for a huge test in the next round. She will face world No. 2, top seed and Australian Open champion Li Na after the two-time Grand Slam winner beat Czech Karolina Pliskova 6-3, 6-4. This event marks the first time since late 2012, when her shoulder problems began, that the No. 241-ranked Wozniak has gone past the second round at a WTA-level tournament. Wozniak was pleased to advance after fighting and losing a second-set tiebreak but dominating in the final set to sweep to victory. "I"ve had a tough year and a half with my shoulder," she said. "It was a good match for me today. Russians are always tough, I had to being my A game today." Wozniak claimed victory in just under two hours, committing 10 double-faults in the match but breaking on nine of 13 chances. Wozniak credited her French coach Nathalie Tauziat with helping her to the victory. "She gave me encouragement and a boost for the third set," Wozniak said. "I was playing a little too far back on the court in the second. My balls were not as deep as in the first. "In the third, I tried to step up more, take the ball early. I didnt want to let her get back into it like I did in the second set." Wozniak, who will move into the 180s on ranking according to WTA estimates, is pleased with her comeback, which has bloomed this week in the desert. "Its really good, Im happy, Im progressing with every match, step by step," she said. "Im finding that aggressive way I used to play. It gives me confidence to start finding my game like before." Wozniak will next play Li for the fourth time, standing 1-2 in the series. "Its a privilege to play her," Wozniak said. "Ill have to play the way I know I can, like Ive played this week. She loves to dictate from the first ball. Ill stay on her and try to have a good match. "I wont be any more nervous than usual. I know how to handle these situations because Ive been in them before. It will be important to start from the first point and stay with her in the rallies." Chris Mullin Jersey . And while taking highly-touted Simon Fraser offensive lineman Matthias Goossen second overall on Tuesday night will definitely help in an area of need for the club, it was a swap of draft picks that may prove to be his most shrewd move. "When Jesse Briggs started to fall a little bit, you could just see Kyle perk up in his chair. Jordan Bell Jersey . Less than 24 hours after the Wolves lost at home to the Mavericks, 100-98, NBA president of basketball operations Rod Thorn announced Tuesday that Kevin Love was fouled on his right arm by Shawn Marion in the closing seconds and should have been awarded two free throws. http://www.nbawarriorsauthority.com/nate-thurmond-warriors-jersey-c-25/ .com) - Rick Nash scored twice and Derek Stepan chipped in a goal with one assist as the New York Rangers claimed a 5-2 decision over Calgary at the Saddledome. Zaza Pachulia Jersey . - Wesley Matthews got a chance to practice his bow-and-arrow 3-point celebration on Sunday night. Damian Jones Jersey . The day began ominously for the Rangers when star pitcher Yu Darvish was scratched from his scheduled start with stiffness in his neck. Fill-in Scott Baker gave up three hits over six innings and Chris Gimenez hit a tiebreaking two-out RBI single in the sixth off Phil Hughes.(SportsNetwork.com) - The Calgary Flames will look to make sure the New York Islanders wont start a winning streak on Thursday night. Calgary has two games left on its pre-Olympics schedule and both are on the road. After posting a perfect 5-0 mark on a homestand, the Flames began a three-game road trip on Tuesday in Montreal and lost a 2-0 decision. It was Calgarys fourth loss in a row on the road, dropping the club to 9-14-4 as the guest this season. The Flames, who were coming off sweeping their first five-game homestand since Feb. 7-15, 1997, were unable to solve Carey Price on Tuesday despite firing 27 shots at the Canadiens goaltender. After the teams combined for just nine shots in a scoreless first frame, the Flames found themselves with a 5-on-3 under five minutes into the second, but Calgary couldnt capitalize, as Price turned away all comers to keep the visitors off the board. Rene Bourque would later score with 3:45 left in the second period to give Montreal a 1-0 lead and the games only other goal was an empty-netter from David Desharnais in the closing seconds of regulation. "The turning point in the game was our 5-on-3 power play," Calgary head coach Bob Hartley said. "If we score, its a different game. We had a few good chances, but Price came up with some big saves." Reto Berra, starting between the pipes for the Flames in place of an injured Karri Ramo, stopped 25-of-26 shots in the setback. Ramo wont be able to play again before the Olympic break and Berra expects to gett another start tonight.dddddddddddd The Isles have fared very well against the Flames in recent years, winning three straight and five of the last six encounters in this series. New York has claimed the last three meetings on Long Island, including the most recent matchup on Dec. 29, 2011. The Islanders were suffering through an 0-4-1 slide before recording Tuesdays 1-0 victory in Washington. Andrew MacDonald scored the only goal of the game early in the third period to give the Isles their first win since beating the rival New York Rangers on Jan. 21. Evgeni Nabokov stopped all 22 shots he faced for his second shutout of the season. Nabokov helped the Isles kill off six Washington power-play chances in the game. New York went 0-for-5 with the man advantage. "Its a good win for our team," said Islanders coach Jack Capuano. "Were a desperate team and I thought our guys worked hard tonight right from the start. I thought we defended real well, we were structured tonight and guys played hard." Despite the win, the Isles still face an uphill battle to make the playoffs. The club is currently 14th out of 16 teams in the Eastern Conference and 10 points out of a postseason berth. New York is kicking off a five-game homestand on Thursday, although the club will only get to play the first two portions of the residency before the NHL goes on its break for the Winter Olympics. The Isles, who are 8-12-8 as the host, will welcome Colorado on Saturday in their final test before the two-week hiatus. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar