Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

under par in the 70-player tourna

Enviado por wanglei 
under par in the 70-player tourna
13-January-2018 04:37
NEWARK, N.J. -- After watching the Colorado Avalanche struggle to generate offence for more than 57 minutes, coach Patrick Roy rolled the dice and pulled goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere with 2:30 left in regulation against the New Jersey Devils. The gamble paid off big. PA Parenteau scored with 1:47 left in the third period and Ryan OReilly had a power-play goal 28 seconds into overtime to give the Avalanche a stunning 2-1 victory Monday night. "Why wait?" Roy said after Colorado extended its winning streak to four games and posted its 13th win in 17 games (13-3-1). "Who said we have to pull the goalie with 1 minute in the game. I thought that was the right time and I thought we started generating more offence. I thought they were tired and it was a great window of opportunity there." Once Giguere went to the bench, the Avalanche mounted constant pressure and Parenteau knotted the score by deflecting a shot by defenceman Tyson Barrie past goalie Cory Schneider. That deflated the Devils and their fans. Michael Ryder made a bad play a minute later and defenceman Andy Greene slashed Matt Duchene to prevent a breakaway with 42 seconds left in regulation. The man advantage carried into overtime and OReilly ended it by tipping Duchenes pass by Schneider for his 21st of the season. "Tonight we showed great resilience," OReilly said. "We stuck with it the whole game. That was a big play by PA Parenteau tying the game, and it gave us a ton of momentum going to OT." It marked the third straight game in which New Jersey has given up a late goal to force overtime. The Devils have lost their last two. New Jersey easily could have had a bigger lead, with three shots hitting the post and another stopping on the goal line. "Its unlucky until it keeps happening over and over and over again," coach Pete DeBoer said. "I dont know. I dont know if its unlucky." Fourth-line wing Ryan Carter scored in the first period for New Jersey, which cant afford to keep giving away points if it wants to make the playoffs. "Tonight for me the story is we have to find a way to get a second and third goal," DeBoer said. "We got a goal from our fourth line, which is a bonus goal. We had enough chances to get five. You let anybody hang around in this league long enough, bad things happen and thats the story lately." Giguere finished with 27 saves in winning for the first time since starting the season 7-0. He also had the iron working for him. "Ill take a little luck now -- I need it," Giguere said. "I did get lucky a few times tonight. We worked hard enough to get the two points at the end." Schneider, who had the NHLs second-best goals-against average (1.91) entering the game, only had to make a few good saves until the final minutes. His best stops came on a chance in close by rookie sensation Nathan MacKinnon in the first period and another in close by OReilly in the third. The Devils goalie also was a little lucky. A third-period power-play shot by Gabriel Landeskog hit off defenceman Bryce Salvador and went just wide of the net. But the Avs finally found the answers late. Carter got his fifth goal of the season on a quick counterattack after Duchene lost the puck at the blue line in the Devils zone. Stephen Gionta carried the puck into the Colorado zone and fed Steve Bernier, who found Carter coming late for a shot that beat Giguere. Given a rare start with Semyon Varlamov getting the night off, Giguere had help from the iron all night. Michael Ryder hit the post with 12:30 left in the first period and Dainius Zubrus deflected a shot by Mark Fayne off the post with 4 seconds left in the period. Zubrus also clanged one off the post on a short-handed shot late in the second period, and Jaromir Jagr had a shot that stopped on the goal line early in the third. NOTES: Devils D Anton Volchenkov missed the game with a lower-body injury sustained against Nashville on Friday night. ... New Jersey activated D Peter Harrold and he was back in the lineup after missing 25 games with a broken foot. ... The Avalanche will play the Rangers, Flyers and Islanders on the road before the Olympic break. Paul Molitor Jersey . His fellow Finn, 21 years his junior, had just arrived in Anaheim and was hoping to stick with the Ducks. Orlando Arcia Jersey . A strong fastball. A big, bending curveball that can buckle hitters at the knees. Against the Detroit Tigers on Sunday, Elias put the entire package together against one of the leagues strongest lineups. http://www.baseballbrewersofficial.com/ryan-braun-jersey-c-5/ . SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. Neftali Feliz Jersey .Y. - Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby captured his second career Art Ross trophy on Sunday after leading the NHL in scoring this season. Wily Peralta Jersey .Balotelli uploaded on Instagram a picture of the video-game character Super Mario, with whom the Italy international shares a nickname, with text around the image including jumps like a black man and grabs coins like a Jew.PATTAYA, Thailand -- Former LPGA Championship winner Anna Nordqvist of Sweden fired an opening 66 to grab a one-stroke lead over American Michelle Wie in the US$1.5 million LPGA Thailand at the Siam Country Club Pattaya Old Course on Thursday. Playing under overcast skies, the 26-year-old who is based in Florida hit six birdies, two bogeys and an eagle on the 15th to take a solo lead at 6 under par in the 70-player tournament. "I started with three birdies, so obviously got some momentum off the start," Nordqvist said. "On 15 I had 59 yards to the pin, pitched a little bit past, and then spun in the hole. So that was pretty cool to make an eagle there." After barely registering a top-10 finish, late last year Nordqvist had to find a new coach, Jorje Parada of Spain, and changed equipment. "It felt like at one point last year I was about ready to quuit golf," added the world No 27.dddddddddddd "I just kind of lost the reason why I play golf, the fun of it. I have good people around me now. They have been really helping me to get that inspiration back." Wie fired six birdies, while bogeying the third, for a 67. "I birdied all four of the par 5s today, which definitely helps on this golf course," she said. Three more Americans are a stroke further back on 68 -- Lexi Thompson, Jennifer Johnson and Angela Stanford, whose round was aided by a hole in one on the par 3, 146-yard eighth hole. World No 1 and defending champion Inbee Park of Sputh Korea hit a 71 to join a large group of players on one-under that also includes world No 3 Stacy Lewis, 2012 LPGA Championship winner Feng Shanshan of China and Australian Karrie Webb, who just claimed a home tournament in Victoria on Sunday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar