Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

the Bears against the Lions in

Enviado por wanglei 
the Bears against the Lions in
16-January-2018 04:22
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. - Rex Ryan had never been in this spot before as a head coach. His New York Jets are 1-5 with five straight losses, a stretch of increasing frustration for the team — and fear from fans that this season is already over just six games in. Ryan knows it doesnt look good. Its the longest losing streak in his six years with the Jets, but that doesnt mean the coach is writing off the season. My message is pretty simple: Hey, we might be counted out, (but) were not dead, Ryan said Monday. We are going to fight our tails off. Ryan tried his best to sound positive, but he appeared weary and acknowledged he got very little sleep after the Jets 31-17 loss to the Denver Broncos on Sunday. His job status has also been a hot topic of discussion. He is 47-45 with the Jets, including 4-2 in the post-season — with his last trip coming four years ago, which likely seems a lifetime ago for Ryan. For a guy who made headlines with his brash approach and headline-making bravado, his current conundrum has become the low point of his coaching career. Yeah, I would say so, Ryan said. Its not by a lack of effort. Were trying everything we can. It just hasnt happened for us yet. Next up is a game Thursday night at New England against the AFC East-rival Patriots. Its another chance to try to get things moving in the right direction, but even Ryan acknowledged its not ideal. Not when youre going against Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. Not when there are questions as to whether the Jets morale might be dipping dangerously low. Well, look, this is the biggest rival you have, Ryan said he will tell his players. You dont have to worry about the motivation. Its going to be there. Both teams dont like each other. Theres respect for each other, but I dont think you really like each other. We know we have to be at our very best. We cant make mistakes. There have been plenty of those this season, and quarterback Geno Smith has been in the middle of a lot of them. He has seven interceptions, including a wayward toss in the closing moments Sunday that Aqib Talib returned for a sealing touchdown. Despite his struggles, Smith remains the starter over Michael Vick despite calls by some to give the veteran a chance to spark the offence. I think Geno is the best way to go right now, Ryan said. Thats why Im comfortable saying he will be our starter. Smith mostly rebounded from a brutal week in which he was fined $12,000 for cursing at a fan while walking off the field after a game; bristling a bit at a reporter; and missing a team meeting the night before he was benched at halftime of the Jets 31-0 loss at San Diego. During a conference call with Patriots writers, Smith was asked what the year has been like for him because it appears its been a little topsy-turvy. For me, it hasnt been, Smith said. Obviously, with everything that goes on with the media, a lot of things are, I would say, miscommunicated, and then it just gets misprinted and then misunderstood. I dont have any quarrels with anything. The main thing is that we just have to find a way to get a win. The hardest part about it all is losing. With the effort, the time that we put in, the preparation that we put in throughout the week, coming up with game plans — we always have a really good game plan going in — and then obviously we havent executed as well as wed like. Those things are tougher than I guess what can be said and what is portrayed out there in the media. Winning often helps temper criticisms, but its something the Jets havent done since the season opener against Oakland. Theres no way I would have thought, Ryan said, that wed have the record that we have right now at the beginning of the year. During training camp, Ryan insisted his team was good enough to be a playoff contender. The Jets current record, combined with injuries and shaky play, indicate that Ryan overestimated his team. But his players know that with 10 games left, there is time — although its quickly dwindling — to turn their season around. There is a shot, Smith said in the locker room. Its definitely one thats a stretch, but as long as weve got a shot, weve got an opportunity. We can look forward to having another tough game, but I believe that were going to be fired up this Thursday night. Andre Ethier Jersey . - Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis said Wednesday hes "nodded off" during meetings, but he said its something every player does. Sandy Koufax Jersey .J. -- The NHL reduced its penalty against the New Jersey Devils on Thursday for signing Ilya Kovalchuk in 2010. http://www.ladodgersprostore.us/Julio-Urias-dodgers-jersey/ . "I dont know where we would be without him," McClendon said. "Hes done a tremendous job for us and (Wednesday) was no different." Logan Morrison drove in two runs in Seattles big sixth inning, Young pitched seven strong innings and the Mariners beat the Houston Astros 5-2 to complete a three-game sweep. Brandon McCarthy Jersey .com) - The red-hot Los Angeles Kings take aim at an eighth straight victory on Monday night as they wrap up a road trip versus the Calgary Flames. Yasmani Grandal Jersey .ca. Kerry, I hope you address Ron MacLeans comment during the second intermission of Game 4 in Montreal-Tampa series. Basically, he suggested that the NHL should not have used a referee from Quebec, following the Game 3 disputed non-goal, because the referee could be biased towards Montreal.DETROIT -- Reggie Bush was worried about how his banged-up left knee would hold up in his return. As it turned out, the Chicago Bears had plenty of concerns about the speedy, dual-threat running back they couldnt slow down. Bushs 37-yard touchdown run helped Detroit score 27 points in the second quarter and he accounted for 173 yards of offence to help the Lions beat Chicago 40-32 Sunday. "I was a little nervous," Bush said of his knee after missing a game with the injury. Detroit (3-1) moved into a first-place tie with Chicago (3-1) in the NFC North. Bush had a season-high 139 yards rushing and a score on 18 carries, mostly up the middle as he took advantage of running lanes created against a line without defensive tackle Henry Melton. "We felt like we could dominate the line of scrimmage in this game, especially after they lost a key player to injury," he said. The Lions scored 24 straight points, including three TDs in a span of 3 minutes, 26 seconds, after Matt Fortes 53-yard TD run gave the Bears 10-6 lead early in the second quarter. Detroit led 40-16 early in the fourth quarter and ended up needing that cushion. Jay Cutler, who had four turnovers, threw a pair of touchdown passes and 2-point conversions in the final 4 minutes to pull Chicago within eight points. Lions receiver Kris Durham recovered the onside kick to seal the win. "There are no moral victories, but I thought our guys played tough for the last 30 minutes of that game," Chicago coach Mark Trestman said. Detroit had a big lead to work with thanks to positive plays it got from each facet of the game. Micheal Spurlocks 57-yard punt return set up Matthew Staffords go-ahead TD with 6:09 left in the first half, when he recovered his own fumble on a 1-yard sneak. Stafford threw a 2-yard TD to Calvin Johnson on the Lions next possession, one play after safety Glover Quin returned Cutlers second interception for 42 yards. "This wasnt a one-man victory," Stafford said. Bush, though, just as he did in his Detroit debut in a Week 1 win over Minnesota, was the star of the day. He burst through a huge hole and hurdled safety Major Wright to give the Lions a 30-10 lead, their highest scoring first half in franchise history aagainst Chicago, showing they didnt miss Nate Burleson very much.dddddddddddd Burleson, the teams No. 2 receiver, broke his left arm in a one-car accident last Tuesday. Stafford completed 23 of 35 passes for 242 yards with a TD, an interception and a lost fumble. Cutler hurt the Bears opportunity to come back late in the third quarter when an up-for-grabs pass was picked off by safety Louis Delmas, who had two interceptions for the first time in his five-year career. Stafford, though, turned the ball over again to give Chicago a chance -- briefly. His low pass intended for Johnson inside the Bears 10 was kicked up in the air and intercepted by Wright. Three snaps later, Ndamukong Suh sacked Cutler for a second time and forced a fumble that fellow defensive tackle Nick Fairley recovered and returned 4 yards for a score that put Detroit up 37-16 late in the third. Cutler entered the game with a 7-1 record with the Bears against the Lions in large part because he had thrown only one interception. He tripled that total in one afternoon, fumbled for a fourth turnover and was sacked three times after being taken down that many times combined in three games this season. "Any quarterback, you hit him enough times, Im sure theyll get rattled," Fairley said. "I think we hit him enough times to rattle him, but he didnt show it." Cutler, who was 27 of 47 for 317 yards, rallied with a 14-yard TD pass to Alshon Jeffery with 4 minutes left and a 2-yard conversion pass to the same receiver that pulled Chicago within 16 points. "I felt good about my decision making," he said. "I just missed some throws." Cutler connected on some more later, but it was too late. He threw a 10-yard TD pass to Earl Bennett with 43 seconds left and found Brandon Marshall for a 2-point conversion that made it 40-32, making a game that was lopsided for much of the game appear to be close. "Three picks and a fumble, its hard to come back from," Cutler acknowledged. NOTES: Lions CB Rashean Mathis left the game in the first half with a concussion and didnt return, and CB Chris Houston didnt finish the game because of a leg injury, Schwartz said. ... Forte finished with 95 yards rushing on 14 carries. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar