Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

this week as Canada holds

Enviado por wanglei 
this week as Canada holds
16-January-2018 04:47
One week ago, Paul MacLean put together a brand new line with Curtis Lazar in between Mike Hoffman and Mark Stone. Instantly, the line had chemistry -- and an easy nickname. We were a line together for like 10 minutes and Twitter had already dubbed us The Kid Line, Lazar told me this morning. I guess the generic name for us right now is The Kid Line. Well see what sticks here. We are playing well together, so we will see what happen. Lazar using the word generic to describe the lines nickname is pretty accurate because nobody has put any thought into finding a more creative name. Any time three young players are put together on a unit, they get dubbed The Kid Line. In fact, the Kid Line has been so overused that it actually has its own Wikipedia entry. The page points out that the name originated with the Toronto Maple Leafs of the 1930s, who had a line with Busher Jackson, Charlie Conacher and Joe Primeau. The Kid Line was later used to describe the Edmonton Oilers trio of Martin Gelinas, Adam Graves and Joe Murphy in their run to the Stanley Cup in 1990. Its also been used more recently to describe the Habs line of Galchenyuk, Gallagher and Eller -- and just about any combination of the Edmonton Oilers current top-six. Mark Stone told me he doesnt have a big issue with the fact his line has been given such a generic name. Whatever people want to call us is fine by me. Its just cool to have a name I guess, he said. I guess we are all pretty young, but its tough to come up with a different name on the spot. I even canvassed some other teammates for ideas today and came up empty. Mark Borowiecki says he grew up watching The Pizza Line of Alfredsson, Spezza and Heatley - named because fans would get a free slice of pizza each time the club scored five goals on home ice. We even chatted about how that line was also referred to as The Cash Line - for Captain Alfredsson, Spezza and Heatley. While that line had two potential names, Borowiecki was at a loss to come up with an alternative to The Kid Line. Mika Zibanejad put some thought into this matter this morning, but also came up empty handed. Zibanejad currently centres Alex Chiasson and Milan Michalek - the only line on this team that does have a quasi-nickname right now. I know they call us the Nines Line because we have that number on our jerseys, but I cant even think of another connection for those young guys, said Zibabejad - who also pointed out hes trying to make Lazars new nickname Wonderboy. Mike Hoffman did offer up one alternative name. Maybe we could go with The Rookie Line, since we are all starting in this league, Hoffman suggested this morning. But the main thing is that you just find guys that you enjoy playing with and work well together with. If we are young guys or older guys, it doesnt matter. At the end of the day, you just want to see your team win. The problem with The Rookie Line is what do you call them if they are together next season? Of course, this could also be a moot point if Paul MacLean - who has a penchant for juggling lines - decides to break up this trio in the near future. All three players told me they have never been part of a line that had a nickname before - whether it was in pee-wee, juniors or the AHL. And it doesnt sound like they are resigned to the Kid Line moniker, as they are open to any suggestions that are out there. We have been trying to come up with something. Ive been trying to come up with clever stuff, but nothing comes to mind, Lazar said. DeAndre Jordan USA Jersey . So heres what I do when I want to get into the baseball mood—I delve into "The Baseball Project". Kobe Bryant USA Jersey . Trailing by a goal after 20 minutes of play, Joe Pavelski responded with three goals and an assist as the Sharks snapped a two-game losing skid with a 5-2 victory over the struggling Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday. http://www.teamusaolympicsshop.us/Olympics-Deron-Williams-Usa-Jersey/ . The Nashville Predators were glad their captain was still on their side. Weber had a goal and two assists, and Roman Josi scored the shootout winner to lift the Predators to a 4-3 win over the Flyers on Thursday night. Tracy McGrady USA Jersey . The 23-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., defeated Germanys Benjamin Becker 6-3, 6-4 on Tuesday in the fourth round of the Sony Open in just 89 minutes. Clyde Drexler USA Jersey . The third baseman whipped the ball across the diamond to second baseman Aaron Hill. He quickly tossed it to shortstop Chris Owings, who flipped over his shoulder to left fielder Cody Ross.COPENHAGEN – It was bound to happen. With so many centres on the Canadian world junior roster some highly-skilled players were going to have to move. At Tuesdays practice it happened to be Jonathan Drouin, the third overall pick in last Junes NHL draft, and Connor McDavid, who is trying to become just the sixth 16-year-old to make the team. "We said earlier, when this all began, theres a chance when this all gets sorted that we have eight, nine centre icemen and guys have to get adjusted and McDavid may have to be one of those guys," head coach Brent Sutter said after the workout in Copenhagen, Denmark where the team has made camp this week. Sutter had McDavid on the left, draft-eligible Sam Reinhart on the right and Vancouver Canucks first rounder Bo Horvat in the middle on one new-look line. Drouin, who played left wing before shifting to centre with the Halifax Mooseheads this season, was back at his old position beside Nic Petan, Winnipegs second-round pick in June, and Curtis Lazar, who was picked 17th overall by Ottawa in the same draft. "I figured out pretty quick when I showed up here that theres pretty good centres here and they played there for a lot of years so, obviously, it doesnt really matter where they play me," Drouin said. "Not much different really. Ive been playing there [left wing] for so long." On Monday Drouin skated for the first time since sustaining a concussion on Dec. 6. That workout, however, was a short, more informal one with Sutter wanting to get the players legs going after a long journey to Europe. Tuesday was the first time Drouin, the only forward returning from last years squad, practised on a regular line. "With Petan not being a large specimen [5-foot-9, 166 pounds] we felt like having him and Drouin playing together, their skill and speed, would really be effective," said Sutter, "and only one of them could play centre so Drus certainly played the wing before so it made sense for us to have him on the wing right now." "I think me and Nic, we like to move the puck," Drouin said, "and Lasers a shooter, hes a big guy, a power forward a little bit and I think it should work pretty well." Unlike Drouin, McDavid doesnt have a history of playing on the wing, but didnt seem fazed by the challenge. "Im really excited about it," said McDavid, who has 12 goals and 38 assists in 31 games wwith the OHLs Erie Otters this season.dddddddddddd "Wing is a little different than centre obviously, but at the end of the day if youre the first guy back you got to play down low. Bo and I talked about it. We have three centremen playing on the same line right now so we all know what were doing down low and the wing." If McDavid makes the squad he will be lining up against players, who are not just older, but also more physically mature. Sutter points out that using the 6-foot, 182-pound McDavid on the wing should make his life a bit easier. "McDavid doesnt need to be the guy whos handling everything down low," said Sutter. "We could use a bigger body down low in our zone [6-foot, 203-pound Horvat], but ... theyre three natural centre icemen and they can certainly read off each other." The other lines at Tuesdays practice at Rødovre Arena in the Danish capital were: Taylor Leier - Scott Laughton - Anthony ManthaHunter Shinkaruk - Felix Girard - Charles HudonKerby Rychel - Frederik Gauthier - Josh Anderson And it seems likely most, if not all, of the lines will stay together this week as Canada holds two more practices before the first pre-tournament game on Friday against Finland. Sutters plan is to make the three cuts – four if defenceman Morgan Rielly is loaned to the team by the Toronto Maple Leafs – after that game. "You got to get some kind of continuity going," Sutter explained. "Guys got to get the feel for each other, get some chemistry with each other. If we can keep our lines, get them working together, that would be a good thing. You always try and work in pairs. Usually there are two guys on a line working together so when you get into game situations you may only have to move one guy around." Some pairings have emerged early in Canadas selection camp, which started Friday in Toronto. McDavid and Reinhart have been together during every on-ice session as well as Leier-Laughton and Gauthier-Anderson. Petan and Lazar have been together in two practices and were only split-up on Saturday, because Petan didnt dress for a scrimmage against a group of Canadian Interuniversity Sport players. "Wed like to have these guys get to know each other and get some chemistry and I think it shows each day in practice," said Sutter. "They seem to be getting better and better and used to each other." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar