Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

Brown didnt take Irving out in the sec

Enviado por wanglei 
Brown didnt take Irving out in the sec
12-March-2018 04:09
VANCOUVER - Ryan Millers home debut with the Vancouver Canucks didnt quite go according to plan, but he came up big when it counted most.The veteran netminder shook off a couple suspect goals, making big saves in the third period and overtime before stopping all three attempts in the shootout Saturday as the Canucks downed the Edmonton Oilers 5-4.Signed to a free-agent deal in the off-season to provide a calm influence in the Vancouver crease after years of goaltending controversy, Miller battled to keep his team in the game after going down 4-2 midway through the second period.Its a nice way to finish. The boys worked real hard and bailed me out, said Miller. Its going to take all different ways this year so its good to see they all stuck together and werent phased by a couple tough goals.It wasnt how I envisioned it going, but Im happy to get a win and to contribute.Chris Higgins beat Viktor Fasth with a quick shot in the third round of the shootout before Miller stopped Benoit Pouliot on Edmontons final chance to send the fans at Rogers Arena home happy.That was the loudest Ive heard the crowd in quite some time, said Higgins. It was a fun game to play in. They were rocking tonight and we fed off it in the second and third especially.Miller was disappointed by goals in the second period from Nail Yakupov and Jesse Joensuu, but was grateful his teammates gave him a chance to redeem himself.You end up tied late in a game, it doesnt matter how you get there, said Miller, who finished with 25 saves. Youve got to contribute and I thought the boys were skating well all night. I had to hang in there and make the adjustments and just not let the first and second period linger too long in my head.Henrik Sedin and Radim Vrbata each had a goal and an assist in regulation for Vancouver (2-0-0), while Nick Bonino and Linden Vey picked up their first goals as members of the Canucks.Daniel Sedin added three assists for Vancouver, which registered a 4-2 victory in Calgary on Wednesday to open its schedule.Mark Arcobello had a goal and an assist for Edmonton (0-1-1), while Brad Hunt also scored. Fasth made 37 saves through 65 minutes, and Teddy Purcell and David Perron each picked up two assists.The Canucks trailed 4-3 after two periods, but tied the game on the power play at 7:06 when Vey beat Fasth through the five-hole for his first NHL goal.Miller made a big save off Edmonton forward Taylor Hall with about nine minutes to go in regulation to keep things tied and was called upon again during a late Oilers power play.He made a couple stops real late and the shootout, for sure was awesome, said Canucks head coach Willie Desjardins, who also made his home debut. Hes a good goaltender. Thats what we expect from him. There might be some jitters opening day, but he was real good when we needed him.The teams traded chances in an exciting overtime, with the Canucks outshooting the Oilers 41-29 overall after Edmonton held a 10-5 edge after 20 minutes.I really liked Viktors game, said Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins. There was a couple crazy ones that bounced on the way, but he was really solid and kept us in it, especially in overtime.Up 2-1 after the first, Yakupov stretched Edmontons lead at 2:22 of the second off the rush, beating Miller through the pads.The Canucks got that one back 2:04 later when Bonino, who was acquired in the Ryan Kesler trade from the Anaheim Ducks this summer, tipped home his first with his new team off a point shot from defenceman Dan Hamhuis. The Oilers complained that a hand pass from Vancouvers Alexandre Burrows helped set up the goal, and television replays suggested they had a case. Burrows was eventually credited with an assist on the play.Hall was then assessed a four-minute penalty for high sticking, but it was Edmonton that initially capitalized when Joensuu moved in on a short-handed breakaway and beat Miller with a backhand at 8:36.Vancouver responded on the same power play when Daniel Sedin took a feed at the side of the net and found Vrbata, who rifled his second in as many games with his new team since signing as a free agent in July.The Oilers opened the scoring on their first shot of the night when Hunt a€” a native of nearby Maple Ridge, B.C., playing in just his fifth career game a€” ripped a one-timer off the crossbar and in on the power play for his first NHL goal at 5:41 of the first.Edmonton doubled its lead at 10:31 off a 3-on-2 break when Purcell fed Arcobello with a back-door pass through Millers crease that the Oilers forward just had to tap into a yawning cage.Its tough to lose a game like that, especially when we were up a couple goals against a division team, but we cant get too down on ourselves, said Oilers forward Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, who had a third-period fight with Hamhuis. We can take a lot of positives out of it.The Canucks talked a lot about puck possession in training camp under Desjardins, but were held without a shot for more than 10 minutes before cutting Edmontons lead in half late in the period when Henrik Sedin tipped home Daniel Sedins effort with just 9.9 seconds left on the clock.We didnt play the way we wanted to in the first period, said Higgins. I thought we were a little sluggish, a little behind the play. Second and third we upped our competition level and that was key for the rest of the game.Notes: Daniel Sedins assist in the first period was the 500th of his career. ... In a scheduling quirk, the Canucks dont play again until Friday when they meet the Oilers in Edmonton. ... The Oilers next game is Tuesday on the road against the Los Angeles Kings before they pay a visit to the Arizona Coyotes on Wednesday. Kurt Warner Jersey .com) - Coming off a pair of tough losses last week, the Syracuse Orange will try to put an end to their first losing skid of the season when they pay a visit to the Maryland Terrapins at the Comcast Center on Monday night in Atlantic Coast Conference action. Jaron Brown Jersey . Richard Jefferson scored 17 points and Diante Garrett had a career-high 15 points as the Jazz had seven players with 10 points or more in Utahs largest margin of victory this season. http://www.uscardinalslockroom.com/Black-Friday-John-Brown-Jersey/ .Y. - OK, it is done. Custom Arizona Cardinals Jerseys . Bobrovsky posted a 2-0-1 record with a 1.58 goals-against average and .950 save percentage to help the Blue Jackets (35-26-6) gain five of a possible six points last week. He capped the week by making 32 saves and stopping 2-of-4 shootout attempts in a 2-1 win over the Minnesota Wild on Saturday. T. J. Logan Jersey . Rosbergs time of 1 minute, 33.185 seconds at the Bahrain International Circuit was a quarter of a second faster than Hamilton, who had to abandon his final flying lap after running wide at the first corner.CLEVELAND -- With his team in trouble, DeMar DeRozan flashed his All-Star form at the finish. DeRozan scored 16 of his 33 points in the fourth quarter, and the Toronto Raptors won for the sixth time in seven games with a 99-93 victory over the injury-riddled Cleveland Cavaliers on Tuesday night. "DeMar was huge down the stretch," Toronto coach Dwane Casey said. "He made shots, he made plays, he made some free throws." DeRozan also made a key defensive play with the Raptors leading 94-91 and 32 seconds remaining. He stole a pass from Spencer Hawes by knocking Tyler Zeller to the floor and then made two free throws for a five-point lead. "I dont have too many of those left in me," DeRozan said of the hard hit. "I kind of anticipated that." Terrence Ross hit a 3-pointer with 3:02 remaining to put Toronto ahead 90-89. DeRozan dunked on a baseline drive and added two free throws to give the Raptors a 94-91 lead with 1:23 remaining. Kyrie Irving, who played 45 minutes and the entire second half because of Clevelands depleted roster, scored 25 points and had nine assists. Cleveland has lost three straight after winning six in a row and fell 5 1/2 games out of the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Irving had no problem with coach Mike Browns decision to leave him in the game. "I told Coach Im willing to do whatever it takes for us to get a win," Irving said after playing a career high in a 48-minute game. The Cavaliers again played without centre Anderson Varejao (sore back) and guards Dion Waiters (hyperextended left knee) and C.J. Miles (sprained left ankle). Ross scored 19 points while Greivis Vasquez added 15 for the Raptors, who beat the Cavaliers 98-91 in Toronto on Friday and have won three in a row. Toronto leads the Atlantic Division and is in third place in the Eastern Conference. Hawes, making his first start for Cleveland since being acquired from Philadelphia last week, scored 15 points. Cleveland took its last lead at 89-87 with 3:11 to play on Zellers two free throws, but Ross 3-pointer put Toronto ahead for good. Irving, the MVP of the All-Star game, was called for charging into Kyle Lowry in the final minute. The call was upheld after oofficials viewed a replay.dddddddddddd Irving was bumped on his way to the basket on Clevelands next possession but no call was made. "Its part of the game," he said of the officiating. "The refs are going to make their call. Thats their job. You move on to the next play and the next game. Im going to pick myself up and get ready for Oklahoma City (Wednesday night)." The Raptors went on a 15-0 run over a span of 6:46 in the first and second quarters to take a 14-point lead, but Casey was displeased his team let the Cavaliers get back in the game. "Were nowhere near where we can walk in a game and expect to win," he said. "All of our games are grind it out. Were going to see everyones best haymaker. They threw their best haymaker at us, they played desperate. Give credit to them." The early offensive struggles were a major reason Brown didnt take Irving out in the second half. "When I pulled him in the first half we had a little trouble scoring," Brown said. "I thought he was in a little bit of a groove. Hes our best player so I wanted to leave him on the floor and see if he could help the second unit generate some easy baskets." Toronto had a five-point possession in the second quarter that began when Vasquez hit a 3-pointer. Hawes was called for a foul when he and Tyler Hansbrough went to the floor. Hawes was then given a technical for arguing the call, and DeRozan and Hansbrough each made a free throw. Hansbrough completed another three-point play after DeRozans basket. Jarrett Jack was called for a foul after Hansbrough was knocked to the floor. Jack was also hit with a technical. Toronto built a 36-22 lead but Cleveland cut the margin to 47-41 at halftime and scored the first seven points of the third quarter to take a one-point lead. NOTES: Brown said it was unlikely that Varejao, Waiters and Miles would make the trip to Oklahoma City. Varejao has missed the last seven games while Waiters has been out four straight and Miles three in a row. Brown said Varejao and Waiters have begun some on-court work. ... Raptors C Jonas Valanciunas had two points in 17 minutes and played only seven minutes in the second half. ... Zeller started the first six games Varejao missed. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar