Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

Ibraheim Campbell Jersey

Enviado por hongwei28 
Ibraheim Campbell Jersey
11-October-2018 08:58
Jalen Ramsey got his hands dirty Tuesday for the first time since the birth of his daughter.

Ramsey reported to Jacksonville Jaguars training camp and jumped right into the mix with the first-team defense Tobias Rieder Jersey , taking part in drills, talking trash and breaking up passes.

Sweat, grass, dirt. It might have been the messiest Ramsey's hands have been since he skipped the start of camp to remain in Tennessee with his girlfriend, Bre, and newborn daughter, Breelyn. That's because the All-Pro cornerback, whose hands might be as valuable as anyone's on that side of the ball, made a deal with Bre that he wouldn't have to change diapers.

"We've been best friends since high school so we've always kind of talked about how the process would go a little bit," Ramsey said. "Of course, everything's different when it actually happens, but for the most part, we have really good agreement that I won't necessarily have to change diapers."

So what is Ramsey's part of the trade-off?

"She changes the diapers; I feed her," he said.

Ramsey became a first-time father last Wednesday, the day the Jaguars reported for camp. He missed four practices to spend extra time with his family. Coach Doug Marrone excused his absences.

"It is good when everybody is together, everyone is back in and everyone is in a good place mentally," Marrone said. "Just having that balance in your life, making sure everyone is good at home, making sure everyone is OK, making sure everything is set. Then you can get here and then you can focus and put your mind on what you need to do. It is always good when you can get everyone back in here, and I am glad everything worked out well."

Marrone had planned to work Ramsey in slowly, but the ultra-competitive, lock-down cornerback refused to stay on the sideline during his first day back. The Jaguars had to like what they saw, even though they've seen similar from him for two years now.

Ramsey played in every game in two seasons and emerged as one of the league's top defenders.

He expects to be even better in Year 3.

"We're going to see when the season starts, right?" he said. "We're going to see. And y'all will see. Y'all will see. I never give myself like goals. I guess you could say like, 'Oh, I'm going to have this many interceptions; I'm going to have this many" pass breakups.

"But what I can tell you, though, that I will do is I'll make sure I prepare myself and I'm ready to go out there and give it my all so I'm not letting anybody down, my teammates, coaches Seahawks Cheap Jerseys , my family, y'all, fans. I can tell you that much."

He gets one of his toughest tests in the team's season opener at the New York Giants and against three-time Pro Bowl receiver Odell Beckham Jr.

"Let's get this out the way right now: He's a good receiver. We all know that," said Ramsey, the fifth overall pick in the 2016 NFL draft. "But y'all know me at the same time. Yeah, he's good. But I'm good, too. If y'all want to say he's the best at his position; I'm the best at my position, so we're going to go at it. We're going to give the people a show the first game of the season.

"He's going to have some wins; I'm going to have some wins. I just plan on having more wins."

Ramsey is the outspoken face of Jacksonville's vaunted defense, a unit that was among the best in the league in 2017. The Jaguars return 10 starters on that side of the ball, including all four in the secondary, and expect to be even more dynamic in their second season together.

"At the end of the day, win games," he said. "If we can win games on the defensive side of the ball. We can always ask for more: More turnovers, more touchdowns, more opportunities giving the ball back to the offense. Just more of everything."

Except diapers.

"It feels good" to be back, Ramsey said. "Miss my little girl already, but it feels good. It was cool. It was good. Long few days, but everything that I could have dreamed of."

IRVINE, Calif. (AP) Sam Shields thought hard about quitting football during his darkest, saddest days at home in South Florida over the past two years.

As a former undrafted free agent who became a Pro Bowl cornerback and a Super Bowl champion with Green Bay, Shields knows all about overcoming tremendous odds. Four recorded concussions and the ensuing months of agonizing headaches were a daunting obstacle to be surmounted – and moreover, he wasn’t even sure if he should.

With the support of his friends and family, Shields eventually decided he couldn’t just stop. He had to play again, and he’s taking a shot with the Los Angeles Rams.

”I have a tough mind,” Shields said after stepping off the practice field at UC Irvine in full pads. ”I’m not going to lie. I guess that’s just a gift that I have, and that’s an important thing on your body. I’ve been through a lot. I took time off, and now I’m here and I’m doing a hell of a job.”

Shields wore pads Sunday for the first time since Sept. 11, 2016, when he suffered the final concussion that kept him out of football for nearly two full seasons. He is already drawing attention during the first few days of camp with the defending NFC West champion Rams, who added him to a well-stocked defensive secondary last March while allowing him to recapture his career.

Shields is 30 years old now, but his body is completely healthy http://www.officialredwings.com/authentic-adidas-dylan-larkin-jersey , and he says his mind is clear. In fact, his biggest physical obstacles these days are the braces on the back of his teeth, slightly altering his speech.

He realizes the odds he’s facing, and he isn’t naive about the potentially catastrophic damage from another major head injury. Shields still wants to be part of a team again after seven seasons with the Packers, who cut him in February 2017.

”I had a year and a half to think about it, to be with my family,” Shields said. ”So I definitely had enough time to think about it, and I think I made the right choice.”

Shields’ teammates and coaches with the Rams are already impressed by the former University of Miami receiver who transitioned to defense as a senior and then carved out an NFL career on the strength of his speed and will.

The Rams also know how perilous Shields’ health could be.

”He’s doing a great job,” Rams coach Sean McVay said. ”I think people forget what a productive player Sam has been in this league. Elite man-to-man skills, unbelievable lateral agility and just short-space quickness. He’s a great guy. … Really happy for him. We’re hoping he’s able to stay healthy.”

Shields had become an elite defensive back during his career in Green Bay. He had 18 interceptions with the Packers across 80 games, including 62 starts.

He made two tackles while the Packers won the Super Bowl in February 2011 to cap his rookie season. Several months after earning a $39 million contract from the Packers in 2014, he was chosen for the Pro Bowl.

But he missed four games in 2015 due to concussions, and he suffered that fourth concussion in the 2016 season opener against Jacksonville. He hasn’t played football since.

Shields was beset by headaches in the months after his most recent concussion, enduring blinding pain and light sensitivity. He traveled around the country for help, eventually spending six months getting treatment at UCLA.

When the headaches dissipated, his desire to play came flooding back.

”I felt better just out of nowhere,” he said. ”It was crazy, and I started, just like, `Let’s go work out.’ And I worked out. Felt fine that morning. I kept going out there, and that’s when I knew I was finally all right.”

Shields said his biggest current challenge is getting his body back in football shape, and getting rid of ”soreness in different spots that I haven’t moved in a while.” The Rams haven’t done any major hitting yet, but their first preseason game is Aug. 9 at Baltimore.

Ever since he joined the Rams, Shields has repeatedly said he isn’t fooling himself about what could happen. He wants another shot anyway.

”It’s a blessing,” Shields said. ”Two, almost 2 1/2 years out, I mean, it’s hard mentally for anybody to be able to come back, put these pads on. But I’m just happy to be here with my brothers. That’s the most important part.”

Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar