Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

www.tigersfanproshop.com

Enviado por panxing18 
www.tigersfanproshop.com
30-April-2019 04:37
It’s crowded out there http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-jimenez-jersey , folks - might that actually work in the Reds favor?"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Farmers onlyFeaturesPlayoffsHistory/Hall of FamePeer into the FutureHot StoveCincinnati Reds RumorsWhere a Scooter Gennett extension fits in the current 2B marketNew,5commentsIt’s crowded out there, folks - might that actually work in the Reds favor?from losing Scooter for nothing as he reaches free agency next October, and prevent a lengthy contract extension from clogging the small-market ledger when there’s a cheaper, younger option already around. That said, what I just wrote up above has me wondering if a different scenario is on the table altogether.If the glut of 2B options has diminished Scooter’s value in terms of what teams would be willing to give up to get him, it’s a pretty reasonable transition to say the glut of 2B options is driving down the cost of locking in a 2B for the next few years for all teams. With Jed Lowrie, Brian Dozier, Schoop, DJ LeMahieu, Ian Kinsler, Josh Harrison, Asdrubal Cabrera, and Daniel Murphy all out there - with the likes of Dee Gordon, Addison Russell, Starlin Castro, and Cano all on the trade block, too - it’s hard to see any team out there willing to commit big money on a big contract to a 2B this particular winter. There are just too many options and alternatives for any one player to get that kind of obvious commitment.That brings me back to the Reds Jose Iglesias Jersey , and to Scooter. If the price of 2B contracts takes a pounding this winter, there just might be a chance that the Scooter’s potential asking price takes a hit, too. Much of why I was reluctant to implore the Reds to sign Scooter long-term was because of his eventual regression as he ages and because of the kind of contract I’d figured he’d be seeking - with the obvious presence of Senzel the icing on that cake. But with the apparent willingness to try Senzel in other positions where there is still a big need on the roster (*cough centerfield cough cough*) and the potential for the price of signing a 2B for three years perhaps tanking, perhaps there’s a perfect storm brewing for the Reds to keep Scooter beyond 2019 and not break the bank irresponsibly in the process.I’d wager the Reds will play this with the utmost patience. They’ll wait to see Dozier sign for millions less than he would have prior to his stumble in production in 2018, with a similar scenario likely in the cards for Schoop. They’ll watch as Kinsler and Lowrie end up on short-term deals due to their age, as Cano lands in a big-market that takes any would-be funny money out of the equation, and as LeMahieu gets squeezed due to the perception he can’t hit outside of Coors Field. And once that sets a low floor for the cost of 2Bs this winter, they’ll reconsider their Scooty options.In other words, while the trade market for Scooter is unfortunately non-existent at the moment, the ability to get him on a multi-year contract that’s a steal just might be emerging, and that could well end up as much of a win for the Reds as fleecing another team by dealing him. At least, one can hope. And Jenrry Mejia shines in his Red Sox debut."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Red Sox StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Red Sox NewsYahoo Red Sox Team PageYahoo Red Sox ReportYahoo Red Sox Depth ChartYahoo Red Sox TransactionsYahoo Red Sox PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub 鉁昍ed Sox Game StoriesRed Sox 13, Nationals 5: Jackie Bradley Jr. can’t, won’t be stoppedNew,12commentsAnd Jenrry Mejia shines in his Red Sox debut.ESTShareTweetShareShareRed Sox 13, Nationals 5: Jackie Bradley Jr. can’t, won’t be stoppedJasen Vinlove-USA TODAY SportsThe Red Sox won in a blowout on Thursday against the Nationals, but it didn’t always look like that’s how it would go. Max Scherzer started the game for Washington and was dominant because Denny McLain Jersey , well, of course he was. He’s Max Scherzer. Once he left, though, Boston’s lineup went off. Jackie Bradley Jr. continued his torrid spring, Brock Holt went deep, and Blake Swihart had a big RBI single on what had to be an emotional day for him. All in all, good performance for the Red Sox.Jackie Bradley Jr. is unstoppableIf the Red Sox lineup will be looking for anything in 2019, it would be a little more length. Obviously they were great last year, but they were also a little top-heavy. They’ll take runs however they come, but it would be nice to get a little bit more of a well-rounded contribution. Part of that could be Jackie Bradley Jr., who struggled for most of the first half before turning it on in the second half. It was a typical year for the center fielder in that he just can’t seem to stay on a consistent path all year. That can be fine — he’s been plenty valuable over his career — but also frustrating to watch in real time. Over the offseason he worked hard to recreate his swing in search of some consistency and came into camp booming with confidence. Well, it’s hard to argue with the early returns. Bradley is absolutely torching Grapefruit League pitching right now. He was the only Red Sox hitter to get a hit off of Scherzer, and on the day he ended up going 3-3 with a couple singles and a double. It’s only been three games, of course, but he is currently 6-8 to start the spring with two homers and a double. Pretty good! What kind of odds can we get on JBJ winning MVP? (I’m only, like, 90 percent kidding.)Jenrry Mejia strikes out the sideThe Red Sox pitching didn’t have a whole lot of notables on the day, but perhaps the most exciting name in terms of recognition was Jenrry Mejia http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-jimenez-jersey , who came in for the ninth. The righty was, of course, formerly the Mets’ closer before he failed multiple PED tests that resulted in a lifetime ban from MLB. That didn’t last a lifetime, obviously, and he was reinstated for this year. The Red Sox decided to take a chance on a minor-league deal, and he made his spring debut on Thursday. This was the ninth inning of an early spring game, so the competition wasn’t exactly top notch. That being said, he looked pretty damn good with some solid stuff. He struck out three batters while walking just one. Is that really striking out the side? I say yes. Many others on the internet say no. Feel free to yell at me in the comments.Other NotesThe big story coming into the game was Swihart playing just a day after losing his adopted brother, Romell Jordan. It was obviously an emotional decision, but the catcher said that’s what Romell would have wanted and Alex Cora obliged. Swihart got to have a big moment when he knocked in a run in the fourth inning, at the time cutting the Nationals lead down to three. He was taken out for a pinch runner immediately following the base knock, heading back to hugs and high fives from everyone in the dugout.For all of the runs scored in this one, the Red Sox still only hit one home run. It came off the bat of Brock Holt, his first dinger of the spring. Holt figures to play a big role for the Red Sox this year as they presumably try to get Dustin Pedroia some extra rest over the course of the season. If they try to limit as much of Eduardo Nez’s playing time to third base like we hope, that would mean Holt will be handling the backup duties at second base. Coming off a career-year in 2018 and only one season from free agency, things are setting up for big 2019 for the team’s clubhouse leader.Xander Bogaerts and Bobby Dalbec each had solid days in the starting lineup as well. The former had a couple of hits including a double, while the latter drew a couple of walks. Mookie Betts is hitless through his first two games of the spring. I have faith that you’re not worrying about that, but in case the thought crossed your mind remember that he went his first seven spring training games without a hit last year. Nothing matters Kirk Gibson Jersey , unless it’s good. That being said, Christian Vzquez is looking rough at the plate (0-8 in three games) and I’m not feeling great about that.On the mound, Hector Velzquez got the start for the Red Sox. He was solid in his first inning of work but then got hit around a bit in the second. After solid contributions for all of 2018 he probably has the inside track for a roster spot, but he has options so theoretically someone can come and grab it from him. Before games started I thought Colten Brewer would take that spot, and it still wouldn’t surprise me.Denyi Reyes had the third and fourth and he struggled as well. Reyes, of course, is one of the more intriguing prospects in the system as he has done nothing but put up numbers, though scouts aren’t as high on his stuff as the stats may suggest. Still, he was added to the 40-man roster this winter despite having not pitched above High-A, so they’d like to see him hit the ground running in 2019. His outing on Thursday was rough, though, allowing two runs on a double, two singles and three walks.BOX
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar