Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

www.redsfanproshop.com

Enviado por panxing18 
www.redsfanproshop.com
18-July-2019 04:21
With Opening Day 11 days away Chris Sabo Jersey , Dave Roberts delivered the most encouraging bit of news we’ve received on Corey Seager all spring."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections 2019 Spring TrainingProspectsCommentaryNews and NotesDodgers News & NotesCorey Seager will ‘absolutely’ play on Opening Day New,156commentsPDTShareTweetShareShareCorey Seager will ‘absolutely’ play on Opening Day Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY SportsGLENDALE — With Opening Day 11 days away, Dave Roberts delivered the most encouraging bit of news we’ve received on Corey Seager all spring. He initially began by saying Seager will travel with the team when they take on the Angels in the freeway series to cap off the spring. “I expect him to play those games, all three of them.” Roberts said. He then said he expects to see him out there on Opening Day. “Talking to the training staff, and Corey himself, just where he’s at, I think that we’ve been conservative, and I don’t see any reason why he won’t be ready.” Roberts said. This is fantastic news for Seager, who is recovering from Tommy-John surgery. There was large concern he wouldn’t be ready for Opening Day, let alone even appear in a Spring Training game.Today Seager is expected to take some at-bats, with him playing seven innings tomorrow in the field. Roberts says he expects him to rejoin the team sometime later this week. Kershaw updateClayton Kershaw threw another bullpen session today. He threw nearly 40 pitches, incorporating both fastballs and breaking stuff. Roberts said that if the bullpen session went well, Kershaw could be facing live hitters in a few days. “I think that he wants to be healthy,” Roberts said. “He’s willing to whatever it takes to get healthy. He’s in a really good place. I expect him to come out on the other side and help us win a lot of games this year.”Kershaw briefly met with reporters following his outing. He said he felt good http://www.redsfanproshop.com/authentic-cliff-pennington-jersey , and that the next step for him is to throw to live hitters. He wouldn’t give an answer as to what is status is for Opening Day. Brad MillerOne of the position players battling for a spot on the 25-man roster will be super-utility man Brad Miller. After signing a minor-league contract with the Dodgers at the beginning of the month, Miller has had a very pleasant spring.Though in limited time, Miller has capitalized on his playing time. He’s currently hitting .313 with an OPS of .889. He also has a home run. “I like him,” Roberts said when asked about Miller. “I liked him even when he was a young player in Seattle. His energy. The strength, the athleticism. For our ball club it makes sense, because he can play anywhere on the diamond. I know for us to get a good look at him has done good things for both of us.”With limited roster spots available, it’s unlikely that Miller will start the season on the big-league club. “It’s tough. I think he understood that when he signed on. I think we’ve given him a nice opportunity. We’ll see how it plays out at the end.” Roberts said.Other notesMax Muncy took a full round of batting practice for the first time since injuring his wristDustin May and Tony Gonsolin might pitch in the freeway series versus the Angels next weekToday’s starting lineup: A few of the relievers struggle a bunch."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Red Sox StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Red Sox NewsYahoo Red Sox Team PageYahoo Red Sox ReportYahoo Red Sox Depth ChartYahoo Red Sox TransactionsYahoo Red Sox PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub 鉁昍ed Sox Game StoriesRed Sox 2, Mets 10: YeeshNew,21commentsA few of the relievers struggle a bunch.ESTShareTweetShareShareRed Sox 2, Mets 10: YeeshJonathan Dyer-USA TODAY SportsThe Red Sox are in a bit of a snag right now, which isn’t a huge deal since, ya know, it’s March 9. This isn’t something to worry about looking ahead to the regular season, as we know the correlation between spring performance and what we see when the games start to matter isn’t great. That said Anthony DeSclafani Jersey , it’s also not super fun to watch. In this game, the offense did have a few more good swings than they’d had in the last few, though the runs total wasn’t any better. The real issue was the pitching. Specifically, it was the pitching from the three guys in the middle, all of whom hope to play varying roles in the majors this year.Matt Barnes struggles in his first appearance on 2019The Red Sox are easing the pitchers who had big workloads last October into the 2019 season, which makes sense. Alex Cora, as we all remember, leaned towards getting his guys as much rest as possible after a mostly normal offseason last year. It only makes sense he’d be even more extreme after 2018’s long playoff run. Eduardo Rodriguez is the only rotation member who has pitched so far — and he, of course, didn’t start in the postseason last year — and Matt Barnes hadn’t pitched heading into Saturday. That changed against the Mets, and it didn’t go well. The righty, who is likely to take over as closer this season with Craig Kimbrel all but certainly playing elsewhere, was hit hard by the Mets lineup. In all, Barnes allowed three runs over an inning of work. In that time he did strike out one Adam Duvall Jersey , but he also gave up a triple, two doubles and a single. Rust is to be expected here, of course, and we can’t make any judgements off a pitcher’s first appearance. Still, given the mostly legitimate concerns about this team’s bullpen all eyes are going to be on their performances this spring.Tyler Thornburg struggles againComing in after Barnes was Tyler Thornburg, who had already made a few appearances this spring before Saturday’s game and has struggled. After all of his outings the Red Sox coaches have made sure to mention that Thornburg’s velocity and just general stuff looks better this year, but based on the results he still hasn’t been too tough to hit. This was yet another tough day for the righty, who like Barnes allowed three runs in an inning of work. Thornburg also struck out one batter, but he also gave up a mammoth home run to Peter Alonso along with three base hits. After this game, the former Brewer has now allowed seven runs over four innings in four appearances on ten hits (two homers), two walks and two strikeouts. If he’s healthy I don’t think there’s much of a chance that Thornburg misses out on the Opening Day roster — the only other option is to designate him for assignment — but even in that scenario you have to imagine the leash is going to be short.Other NotesThe offense only scored two runs in this game, but they did have some extra-base hits and seven hits altogether. That’s a bit of a step forward from the last couple games. Christian Vzquez, who has struggled mightily at the plate to this point, was Boston’s only player with two hits. He went 2-3 with a double and a single. Rafael Devers had a triple and Mitch Moreland had a double.Eduardo Rodriguez got the start for Boston. If you’ll recall Michael Lorenzen Jersey , Alex Cora was publicly critical of the lefty after his last outing, saying he needed to be more efficient. Rodriguez took that to heart early, throwing only 15 pitches in his first two innings with 13 being strikes. He slowed down a bit towards the end, but overall he still allowed just one run over four innings on three singles and a walk with three strikeouts. Overall, Cora was happy with what he saw on Saturday.Rounding out the day for the pitching was Josh Taylor and Domingo Tapia. The former had a very good seventh, giving up just a single with two strikeouts and a pop out. His second inning of work was rougher, though, as the Mets tagged him for three runs on a double, two singles and a walk. Taylor will start the year in the minors, but as he’s already on the 40-man he will have a real chance to get a call to the majors at some point this summer. Tapia pitched an easy 1-2-3 ninth. He is more of emergency depth, though given Boston’s potential need for reinforcements it wouldn’t be totally shocking if he pitched his way into a real opportunity at some point this year.BOX
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar